50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Never had status

I need advice. My parents moved to the states illegally when I was about two. I am 25 years old, I have a Bachelors in Biology from an accredited university and I was admitted to grad school for the fall. I want to move on with my life but I can't. I don't have any kind of status. My parents had my younger brother born in the states so they were granted a social security number to support him. They do not have a status. my younger brother is a citizen. Is there anything I can do to get status? I just want to move on with my life without having to leave the country I love.

I need advice. My parents moved to the states illegally when I was about two. I am 25 years old, I have a Bachelors in Biology from an accredited university and I was admitted to grad school for the fall. I want to move on with my life but I can't. I don't have any kind of status. My parents had my younger brother born in the states so they were granted a social security number to support him. They do not have a status. my younger brother is a citizen. Is there anything I can do to get status? I just want to move on with my life without having to leave the country I love.

Exit US uninspecting thus USCIS will not know that you have ever been here and then apply for any visa at foreign consulate. 10 years ban will not apply to you because you have never overstayed!

Exit US uninspected thus USCIS will not know that you have ever been here and then apply for any visa at foreign consulate. 10 years ban will not apply to you because you have never overstayed!

Do not leave the US before you sort things out. If you follow Maria's advise you'll have to lie on your applications, and upon discovery of those lies you'll be permanently barred from the US.

There are three avenues (may be more) that are worth considering.

1. Marry US citizen. This is the fastest and safest route.

2. Have your brother apply I-130 for you. There is currently 12 years of waiting in that category (22 years if you are from Philippines).

3. Have your brother apply I-130 for your parents. After they become Permanent Residents they can apply for you in 2B category with waiting in excess of 10 years.

Your situation warrants hiring experienced immigration attorney and not to rely on advise from this board.

Alibolit,
    Her brother may not be able to apply for her, depending on how old he is and whether he meets the set income requirements.

He must be over 21 and be able to meet income sponsorship requirements.

And even then, the parents may need to go out of the US since they were not inspected when they came here.

She may also need to leave the US.

How about her finding someone to marry her, she goes out of the US, and that new husband files paperwork for her, being careful to do the I-601 waiver so shes not barred from returning to the US for life?

References:
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...iles/i-601.pdf

http://uscis.gov/graphics/faqsgen.htm#family

you need to talk to a lawyer. I know there are some laws that will allow you to stay. you were a child at the time your parents came over. has something to do with some 1997 law something like that. maybe I am getting my dates mixed up.but go find out..