50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-601 Waiver... The facts

I would like to know more about this waiver.. Anyone have statistical facts on how many of the I-601 waivers are filed and how many of them get approved?

Facts and myths would be much appreciated. People with good grasp of Immigration like Mmorales and Mohan, I would really appreciate your help!

I would like to know more about this waiver.. Anyone have statistical facts on how many of the I-601 waivers are filed and how many of them get approved?

Facts and myths would be much appreciated. People with good grasp of Immigration like Mmorales and Mohan, I would really appreciate your help!

I highly recommend www.immigrate2us.net for this topic. If you or someone you know is facing or might face filing the I-601 it is one of the most informative and most supportive sites that I have found.

Statistical reviews goes by two ways. One by the consulate and second by overall..
    By consulate ,its depends upon the region because Waiver Dept. is centralized. and number differs from consulate to consulates. Last year Overall ratio of approval was 14 to 16 % which increased by 4%.
    Approval rate depends upon the filing of waiver as this is the most critical waiver in Immigration. In fact most of the consulate either don't explain the way of filing correctly or May have less Knowledge of waiver because of centralization of department( this actually is not their job to explain and sometime department who work on waivers located in other country). Other factor are the mistakes occured while filing this waivers, in many cases attorney don't bother to define actual hardship and limit their practice upto monetory gain resultant denial of waiver and other cases alien files the waiver without knowing the severity of waiver resultant denial.
    This also includes the waiver filed without asked by the Consulate or ineligiblity of waiver in many cases.
    The best way is to overcome this hurdle, is to work with attorney ans not solely depend upon him, OR if can't afford an attorney then look for these website where people dedicated to help other in their odd times.
    Not to pay attention to those threads who bashed on others or post unrelated threads ,just to take out their frustration.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Mohan:

Waiver formI-601 you file in US, then what Consulate or Embassy had to do. will you please expalin. Thanks.

thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it!

One more quick question. I see that a I-601 can be filed in the US. On what basis can this be filed?

I am under removal proceedings? Can I file it in the US? My appeal is still pending at the BIA...

If you are not in the United States, file this application with the American embassy or consulate where you are filing for a visa.( normal process)

If you are in the United States and are applying for status as a permanent resident, file with the local office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.( in this option you should check first if you are excludable from US because this waiver has to be asked to be filed. Sometime people don't required waiver 601 until they have final order of exclusion).
    Deportable and deported are two different things. its not necessary to file a waiver if the alien is deportable and adjusting status within US.

since my case is on the mercy of the BIA. Lets say I get my I-130 approved can I file the I 601 or no?

I can't answer for you judy.you should know this by yourself if your order of removal is become final or not. If you have doubt ,ask your atorney who seen your case.
    Order become final in many stages, ( for example if Alien waive the right to appeal, Missed the date of filing, appeal ins not taken within time allowed. Voluntary departure issued and didnot leave within time frame etc)
    So the answer to your question within your paperwork.