Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing conditions from greencard delays

Hi folks,
    My gc expires Oct 15 this year. I filed back in early August to have the conditions (marriage) removed so I could get a 10 year gc.

I still have not received any receipt or notice of action or what have you! I spent HOURS waiting on the phone to speak to an agent and he said I'm in the system but he has no idea why paperwork hasn't been forthcoming from St Albans! He gave me a verbal receipt number which doesn't exist on the case status website! The only evidence I have that I have even filed is the fact they cashed my check for the application fee!

Should I start hunting for lawyers? Should I even be worried? Oh this is a mess.

Hi folks,
    My gc expires Oct 15 this year. I filed back in early August to have the conditions (marriage) removed so I could get a 10 year gc.

I still have not received any receipt or notice of action or what have you! I spent HOURS waiting on the phone to speak to an agent and he said I'm in the system but he has no idea why paperwork hasn't been forthcoming from St Albans! He gave me a verbal receipt number which doesn't exist on the case status website! The only evidence I have that I have even filed is the fact they cashed my check for the application fee!

Should I start hunting for lawyers? Should I even be worried? Oh this is a mess.

Is there a stamp on the back of the cashed check? If so there should be a receipt number there. Enter it on the website and see if it pops up.
    Anita Shia, Esq. has been practicing immigration law for nearly 10 years and is an active member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Based in New York and New Jersey, she nevertheless represents clients from all over the U.S. and abr

Thanks for that. Yes I have examined the receipt number from the cashed check and it is the same as the agent advised me over the phone. It's just not coming up in the system when I try to sheck the status. I have tried half a dozen times, it's not a typo or transcript error.
    The whole thing just isn't adding up I'm afraid.

The petitions for removing conditions are not entered in the system that provides status check for other petitions. No use of checking through USCIS web site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jpee1965:
    Thanks for that. Yes I have examined the receipt number from the cashed check and it is the same as the agent advised me over the phone. It's just not coming up in the system when I try to sheck the status. I have tried half a dozen times, it's not a typo or transcript error.
    The whole thing just isn't adding up I'm afraid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Time for an Infopass appointment at your local district office.

I agree with aneri, and uslawyer is incorrect. I751s don't appear on Case Status Online.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

After you recieve NOA, there is a different number which you can track online.

Sorry that means they have found you guilty of fraud and, sadly, you will soon be deported. Thank you for visiting America.