free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Administrative Processing

I am father of an American citizen (Immediate Relative) My interview held in American consulate on 10th June 2007 about 18 months back. All went well and I was told that my case has been approved and is being sent for Administrative Processing. Can anyone tell me how much more do I have to wait for this AP?

I am father of an American citizen (Immediate Relative) My interview held in American consulate on 10th June 2007 about 18 months back. All went well and I was told that my case has been approved and is being sent for Administrative Processing. Can anyone tell me how much more do I have to wait for this AP?

federale86 Please will you define "A while"?

the truth is - nobody can tell you how long one's AP will take.
    What you can do is have your USC son/daughter contact the embassy and ask the same question.. over and over and over again. 18 months is a long time...

Just keep checking with USCIS. There is not definitive time line.

USCIS or NVC say the case is done at their end. I have e-mailed, called and sent faxes to the US consulate but they always say that it is beyond their control. They also say there is not time limit. When ever they get the response they will contact me.

Unfortunately Administrative Processing is one of those really pesky things that nobody can give a time-line on, nor can they tell you definitely why it's stuck there.

The most common reason is the name check. If your name has one positive hit anywhere in their databases, they need to do extra checking. If it's the FBI holding things up, then one option is to file a writ of mandamus. Your case has been held up long enough you would be able to do that.

Another option would be to have your son/daughter contact their local senator/congressperson. While they may not be able to do something, in some cases it gives things a little bit of a shake-up and moves things along.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

they normally issue receipt nos to cases these nos start with msc. . . . .. when you have this you can check the status online its usually pretty accurate But as the others said be patient and give them a call follow up weekly if needed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Man:
    I am father of an American citizen (Immediate Relative) My interview held in American consulate on 10th June 2007 about 18 months back. All went well and I was told that my case has been approved and is being sent for Administrative Processing. Can anyone tell me how much more do I have to wait for this AP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Administrative processing takes very long time.
    My case is under admin processing from the last 24 months. Visa issusing tauthority is not able to provide me a clear position of my case. I will suggest authority to settle all admin processing case maximum within a year time. It is loss of time and creation of frustration and a person can not plan out his future planning.