50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Second Biometrics Appointment ?

Has anybody received a second appointment for biometrics during their Green card processing. Currently our I485 is being processed. We had our interview in March and INS has asked us to wait to recieve any notification by mail. We have been waiting since then and yesterday i received an appointment letter for biometrics to be done next week. My biometerics was dont last august. So I am little confused now. My Husband didnt received any letter. Please help.

Has anybody received a second appointment for biometrics during their Green card processing. Currently our I485 is being processed. We had our interview in March and INS has asked us to wait to recieve any notification by mail. We have been waiting since then and yesterday i received an appointment letter for biometrics to be done next week. My biometerics was dont last august. So I am little confused now. My Husband didnt received any letter. Please help.

Hi Cindy and welcome to ILW

Did the 1st notice or even this one say what it was for? Did you file for a I-765 too?

It has been known that some people have had 2 requests for Biometrics, one for the I-765 and then again for the I-485. I don't know why they do this, hopefully someone here could explain. Some have been known to be mistakes, others I don't know.

Some also have another request due to the last one has now expired but going by your date, I don't think it has.

Please check back again, hopefully someone here will know the answer for you.

All the best
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Cindy, if you did your last biometrics in August of 2007 ? It may well be that it is soon to expire. Unless changed I think biometrics are valid for 15 months, and next month it would expire if it was in fact 2007 you had them done.

They may just be updating your data?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

I think Sprint_girl is right. I had to do it for my citizenship. It is usually a good sign that the next step may happen soon.

Yea, we are in the middle of the most important election ever; would you mind not bothering us with your trivial issues at this time for God's sake !! ?

Actually on second thought, keep distracting us.
    The Voice of Reason

Thanks guys for all your answers. They probably didnt get my biometrics right the first time.
    As one of you said it is probably a good sign they are actually looking at my application. Will keep you guys posted after i go for the biometrics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cindy26:
    Thanks guys for all your answers. They probably didnt get my biometrics right the first time.
    As one of you said it is probably a good sign they are actually looking at my application. Will keep you guys posted after i go for the biometrics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a bunch of horse manure that they didn't get it right the first time? Do you think FBI is STUPID. The reason for the second check is to make sure you don't slip the system again. Fraudsters like you shall be busted.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!