50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't loose hope! I just got approved out of the blue!!!!!! :-)))))

Hi guys,

I don't post here often but I have come sometimes for info and questions.

This morning I was in total shock when my lawyer called me to tell me that my case for permanent resident status is approved, as well as my husband, who filed as my spouse.

They even waived the interview!!!

Ok, you're not gonna believe this...You know how the California processing date right now for I-485 is June 15 2002? Well, my date is January 22 2003!!!! So they didn't go by the processing dates and even waived our interview, which is the best result I could hope for!

Here's a little information on my case...

Filed at CSC, employment based EB2, filed jointly.

Filed Labor Cert. in March 2002 and approved a month and a half later.

1st fingerprint: March 2003
    2nd fingerprint: July 28 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd Advance Parole: approved about 3 weeks ago!!!

Everything went so fast in the last month or so! Now I have a new AP for nothing! LOL I don't care!

Just thought I'd share this...it just seems like your case can be approved way before your processing date!

I don't know if the fact that I'm Canadian and husband is Swedish has anything to do with it...

Catherine, permanent resident, as of August 6 2004!!!! Whahoooo!

Hi guys,

I don't post here often but I have come sometimes for info and questions.

This morning I was in total shock when my lawyer called me to tell me that my case for permanent resident status is approved, as well as my husband, who filed as my spouse.

They even waived the interview!!!

Ok, you're not gonna believe this...You know how the California processing date right now for I-485 is June 15 2002? Well, my date is January 22 2003!!!! So they didn't go by the processing dates and even waived our interview, which is the best result I could hope for!

Here's a little information on my case...

Filed at CSC, employment based EB2, filed jointly.

Filed Labor Cert. in March 2002 and approved a month and a half later.

1st fingerprint: March 2003
    2nd fingerprint: July 28 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd Advance Parole: approved about 3 weeks ago!!!

Everything went so fast in the last month or so! Now I have a new AP for nothing! LOL I don't care!

Just thought I'd share this...it just seems like your case can be approved way before your processing date!

I don't know if the fact that I'm Canadian and husband is Swedish has anything to do with it...

Catherine, permanent resident, as of August 6 2004!!!! Whahoooo!

Michael
    The fact that you are Canadian and husband is Swedish should have been grounds for denial. But congratulations anyway !

What an idiotic reply Michael! You don't even offer a reason for this propostrous statement...

The US government should send morrons like you to risk your life in Irak! LOL

You just hate it that we take your good jobs, don't you?!!!

Niiiiiice!

Congratulations CJ!.

Could this be an example of the "back-log reduction plan"?

Another congratulatory notes here, enjoy the new freedom

a LC that takes a month and a half???

don't those take like 4 years or so?

wow. the flood gates on employment based GC's may be opening soon!

congrats either way.

-= nav =-

lol, poor Michael always gets those answers, I think he is used to it by now, so he is going to try a different strategy.

Catherine, congratulations.

Thank you Mo, Marmaduk, JohnDoe, Moondin, and INStress! :-)

Mo: I think it could very well be an example of the "back-log reduction plan"... My 2nd AP came really quickly and so did my husband's 2nd Employment Authorization Card, so I think there is definitely a trend here... They are playing catch-up and it's finally moving. :-)

JohnDoe: You're right and I didn't mean to sound as if Canadians and Swedes should get priority over others but let's face it, there is racial profiling, it's inevitable, and I doubt they would treat the security checks the same between a Saudi-Arabian citizen and a British citizen. I'm sure they try their best to remain reasonable but their personal beliefs along with stereotypes may sometimes influence their decisions. Also, I know for a fact that Canadians are viewed as the good neighbor from the North and we are usually well-liked by US Immigration officers; some have told me directly to my face.

Moondin: I've never heard of a Labor Cert. taking 4 years either! My lawyer said mine was approved exceptionally fast but if I remember correctly, it normally takes about 8 months in California. (at least it did when I filed).

INStress: People like Michael bring out the ***** in me, and that ***** isn't pretty!!! LOL

Thank you all and good luck with your applications as well...! I think it's starting to move pretty fast!

Catherine

Congratulations Catherine
    I too am Canadian and have a receipt date from 2-13-02 filed in the CSC I and am still waiting, so you were exceptionally lucky I would say. By the way, what do you do for a living? If you are a Nurse I would like to talk to you some more.
    Again, congratulations I envy you LOL
    Mairead