free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New, and need help Marriage Fraud

I married a Immigrant and now living in Hell.

She has married to gain access to America and use and abuse the system.
    She refuses to sign the divorce papers and I need help on what to do next
    when dealing with the INS or obtaining an attorney.
    One Attorney has already told me that "They get people in, not out".

I need some assistance.

Married and awaiting for the final Perm Status INS Meeting. She is not Perm as of yet.
    Its been approx 2.5 years, and we HAVE not had the Final meeting. SHe does not have her Perm Stat Card.

I've filed for divorce, but she obtained a attorney and will not leave the Apt.
    (I lost the House, Unemployed Telecom Engineer).
    She is simply a Leech and refuses to do anything to assist the family and constantly
    threatens me with filing Domestic Abuse charges (Totally False) to gain access
    to the US. A simple argument can turn violent by her actions, and I always have to leave to defuse the situation. She is the abusive party, but threatens me with
    filing and calling the police just so she can document this attempt at US citizenship.
    And she has, her bruised wrist, the same wrist I grabbed to defend myself was enough
    for a small charge. (Am I screwed or what ??)

Long Story Short, I want this Woman out of my life and cannot get her out.
    Her attorney has advised her to NOT to sign the Divorce papers, and threatened to
    Delay any and all Court Divorce actions at this time. In the mean time, she lays around the house, Refuses to work, refuses to improve her english, and basically
    watches TV All day. I .. in the mean time, I have a ****** Retail Job paying hardly nothing and we are living in poor conditions. Remember, I'm an ex Telecom Engineer
    that lost his Job and everything else.

I'm basically trapped. and Cannot get rid of her. And I want her out Immediately.
    I've been going thru circles for over a year now, no improvements.

How do I approach the INS, Do I visit the INS office in Dallas, Walk in and tell my story or what ??

She seems to have this grand plan and its working for her so far.

I'm beside myself and going crazy. I want her out of my Life and I'm stuck with her.

No, I cannot abandon her, thats against the Law,
    No, I do not have enough money to pay for her own apt, I can bearly pay
    for what I'm providing. We are poor and she refuses to help... Its maddening...

The Divorce papers are filed with the County/State, but unless she signs them, I cannot kick her out. And I can't find an Attorney that wants to help me with
    informing the INS.

I'm going NUTS.....

Somebody Please help me...

adcockgreg2004@yahoo.com

I married a Immigrant and now living in Hell.

She has married to gain access to America and use and abuse the system.
    She refuses to sign the divorce papers and I need help on what to do next
    when dealing with the INS or obtaining an attorney.
    One Attorney has already told me that "They get people in, not out".

I need some assistance.

Married and awaiting for the final Perm Status INS Meeting. She is not Perm as of yet.
    Its been approx 2.5 years, and we HAVE not had the Final meeting. SHe does not have her Perm Stat Card.

I've filed for divorce, but she obtained a attorney and will not leave the Apt.
    (I lost the House, Unemployed Telecom Engineer).
    She is simply a Leech and refuses to do anything to assist the family and constantly
    threatens me with filing Domestic Abuse charges (Totally False) to gain access
    to the US. A simple argument can turn violent by her actions, and I always have to leave to defuse the situation. She is the abusive party, but threatens me with
    filing and calling the police just so she can document this attempt at US citizenship.
    And she has, her bruised wrist, the same wrist I grabbed to defend myself was enough
    for a small charge. (Am I screwed or what ??)

Long Story Short, I want this Woman out of my life and cannot get her out.
    Her attorney has advised her to NOT to sign the Divorce papers, and threatened to
    Delay any and all Court Divorce actions at this time. In the mean time, she lays around the house, Refuses to work, refuses to improve her english, and basically
    watches TV All day. I .. in the mean time, I have a ****** Retail Job paying hardly nothing and we are living in poor conditions. Remember, I'm an ex Telecom Engineer
    that lost his Job and everything else.

I'm basically trapped. and Cannot get rid of her. And I want her out Immediately.
    I've been going thru circles for over a year now, no improvements.

How do I approach the INS, Do I visit the INS office in Dallas, Walk in and tell my story or what ??

She seems to have this grand plan and its working for her so far.

I'm beside myself and going crazy. I want her out of my Life and I'm stuck with her.

No, I cannot abandon her, thats against the Law,
    No, I do not have enough money to pay for her own apt, I can bearly pay
    for what I'm providing. We are poor and she refuses to help... Its maddening...

The Divorce papers are filed with the County/State, but unless she signs them, I cannot kick her out. And I can't find an Attorney that wants to help me with
    informing the INS.

I'm going NUTS.....

Somebody Please help me...

adcockgreg2004@yahoo.com

Hello adcockgreg,

Based on what you said, I would say that what you need is not a divorce attorney nor INS. You need to work things out with your wife.

If you look at your relationship from outside, this is what will come out in a nutchell: You were employed and everything was ok (I am assuming) and now that situation has changed. Trust me, even if you were married to a USC, you would run into trouble. I can understand that you are going through difficult times and you think that she's not being helpful. But as you may know, everybody does not deal with problems in the same way.

For instance, your way of dealing with this situation is to get rid of all the charges including her, be on your own and try to figure out the solutions alone.

On her side, you did not particularly mention what she has done to help you out. But was she helpful at all in the time of the roses? Did you prepare her for the rainy days or did you just enjoy being the household provider ?

The advice I would give you is to take one night alone in a hotel and look very hard at the facts and be honest with yourself.

If I were you, I would find ways to get her motivated and make her understand that with the new situation you will need to stand strong as a couple. Because after all, you did not get married just for the rose but for the difficult times too.

I wish you the best.

Cisse.

I am not sure, but if she is not signing divorce papers... can you hire someone to serve her? get a divorce attorney for yourself and have him/her arrange for everything. The fact she is not signing does not mean you can not get a divorce.
    And ultimately, do not show up for the interview or better yet, show up, tell officer the truth and kill her chances for a GC.
    ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Cissie

Your reply is common. And believe me, I understand this common thought.
    Whats in your mind .. Is not the case.

When things got bad, discussions were held. She laid out her very selfish demands
    that she would not work. I tried and tried to find work, but things were dismal.
    More conversations were held, again, she refused. In fact more and more discussions were held on what exactly had to be cut off to survive. This was a Battle.
    It soon occured to me that I was in a situation with someone that did not care.

I did the best I could, but Jobs were scarce, in fact, I spent over a year unemployed.
    I had one job cleaning dog Cages, tring to keep the house, and she ate Bon-bons at the house in the AC. Yes, I've cleaned Dog cages (yes I'm a Ex-Telecom Engineer), to help keep a roof over our heads.
    She stil refused to work. When I mentioned we could lose the hose if she doesn't seek employment, she didn't care. Can YOU BELIEVE THAT !!!

Well, needless to say, I was sick and tired of dealing with this and threatened to Divorce if she didn't assist the family, She refused.
    So I filed. Wow .. No Help there, She just doesn't have to sign.

So .. In a Nut shell .. thats it.... I have done everything humanly possible to survive and she has done absolutely nothing.

Its been over a year, almost 2 years now, and I'm so tired of living with this leech.I'm going mad. And I mean Mad.

So please,,, I'm not the bad guy here. I'm the victim....

I need assistance here folks, Not sad stories on human nature, I'm in the right.
    And she is a criminal, that needs dealing with, and we have a bad situation
    due to bad laws.

It looks like your problem does not have much to do
    with immigration. You marriage problems can happen
    to any couple.

Get an attorney. Your attorney will get in touch
    with the court. I think the court will set up
    appointment with both you and your wife.
    If your wife doesn't show up. That will be
    comtempt of the court. A judge can make a judgement
    on your case. However, I don't know how long
    this will take.

Anyway, I think you should be able to get a divorce
    regardless whether she signs it or not.

Or you can get the court to serve the papers to her.
    And it doesn't matter wether she signs it or not.

Why can't you get a divorce if she desn't sign the papers?

Get a divorce attorney to know your way around the law and like longtimehere said : "do not show up for the interview or better yet, show up, tell officer the truth and kill her chances for a GC." that's all there's to it, tell the immigration officer that she only married you to get her green card, the next thing you know her b.u.t.t. will be deported and could never come back to the US. sorry to hear about that man, been there done that but don't get frustrated, just chill and use your head real good and the outcome will be in your favor.

Hey Folks,

Well I thought I could get some serious Help here, but you folks are no better than me
    when it comes to serious Immigration insite.

Believe me. I know the simple **** law, (gee can you say that here)

And Just forget this post.

I can't even find the option to modiify my Member info so not to confuse so many of you.

This Blog needs work.

Well , this site was a waste......

C-ya.

And this site need work...!!!
    Seriously...
    Contact a IT guy !!!

In case you're still around all you have to do is click on "GO" at the top and "MY SPACE" and then profile, etc. I'm not sure what sort of advice you were looking for. You received advice as to what to do about immi issue. You received advice as to what to do about divorce issue. You received advice about trying to make your marriage work. What exactly do you want to do?

adcockgreg:

Before continuing, let me just say that an uncooperative spouse is not necessarily a spouse who entered a marriage solely for immigration benefit. However, there may be facts which lead you to believe this, which have not been shared here. In order to gain the answers you are seeking, more information is needed.

You mentioned the INS office in Dallas, do you reside in Texas?
    When did you file for divorce?
    Have you lived there for the past 6 months, and in the county for at least 90 days prior to filing?
    You mentioned that your wife has secured an attorney. Are you represented, or did you file for divorce without an attorney?
    It is clear that your wife was served, since she has retained an attorney, so the fact that she is not willing to sign the divorce papers leads me to believe that you were going for an uncontested divorce. Is that correct?
    Texas is a no-fault divorce state and has no requirement for separation, and does typically mandate mediation. Has the court scheduled a mediation conference yet?
    Even if she contests the divorce, this does not mean that you cannot divorce her, did you cite irreconcilable differences when filing for divorce?
    Whose name is on the lease for the apartment?
    Did your wife work at all during your marriage?
    Does she have any skills in order to secure employment?
    Do you have children from this marriage?
    When did you file the joint petition to remove conditions (I-751)?
    Are you your wife's sponsor (did you sign the Affidavit of Support I-864)?
    Was the incident, which resulted in the bruised wrist, reported to the police or witnessed by anyone else?
    Can you take up temporary residence anywhere else (with friends, colleagues, family)?
    As far as the domestic abuse allegation, if your wife is not willing to relocate or move out, I would suspect that could damage her chances of proving the threat of physical abuse, since she seems to wish to stay with you.

If you can provide, there might be options available to you.