free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused and Worried

In filling N400 at Part 4 ( Addresses and Telephone Numbers) it asks for "Home Address-Street Number and Name (Do not write a P.O. Box in this space)".For this part Can I use one of those Mailbox Services through "Mailbox Etc" or "The UPS Store"?

In this regard I need to explain, with the services through them the address is in the format of " Street Number, # , City , State-ZIP" with an example of "1234 Any Street, #543, Boston, MA-98765". There is no P.O. Box in theses address format even though the mail goes to a Box.

Also can I use the same for Part 6?

As for my job I require to travel across country and stay in so many different hotels for different short projects.So I just wanted to use their (Mailbox Etc/UPS Store) services for my address because I just can't keep changing my addresses with USCIS with the new projects in different states. They also have a mail forwarding serivice, meaning they will forward my mail to which address I will give to them at different time.

I greatly appreciate your input on this.

In filling N400 at Part 4 ( Addresses and Telephone Numbers) it asks for "Home Address-Street Number and Name (Do not write a P.O. Box in this space)".For this part Can I use one of those Mailbox Services through "Mailbox Etc" or "The UPS Store"?

In this regard I need to explain, with the services through them the address is in the format of " Street Number, # , City , State-ZIP" with an example of "1234 Any Street, #543, Boston, MA-98765". There is no P.O. Box in theses address format even though the mail goes to a Box.

Also can I use the same for Part 6?

As for my job I require to travel across country and stay in so many different hotels for different short projects.So I just wanted to use their (Mailbox Etc/UPS Store) services for my address because I just can't keep changing my addresses with USCIS with the new projects in different states. They also have a mail forwarding serivice, meaning they will forward my mail to which address I will give to them at different time.

I greatly appreciate your input on this.

Do you not have a 'home base' to use as an address in 4-A? It would seem to me you put that address there and use a PO Box in 4-B.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Can't I use their address as my home base as well as mailing address? Because with their address format there is no way you can tell that its not a home address or apartment address ( Because it has a street address then apt number ( Which is a box number), then city, state and zip code).

But there is no where in the address format it says P.O box number.

You should be able to use a home address (which would be your actual home), and also provide a mailing address.

Since they want to know where you reside for the purpose of running background checks etc, you will need to give them that.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Then I need to keep changing my address every few months and the N 400 file keeps getting transferred to different states all the time and it will be never done.

So you don't have a fixed address at all? I see the dilemma.

My suggestion would be to call the USCIS and ask them what would be the best way to handle your situation. They would be able to give you the best advice.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

You are required now to update USCIS with every change of address anyway.

You can do it on line.

Mail forwarding services are not your address.

With the change of address the file keeps getting transferred from state to state and it will never get a decision.

I'm sure you'd get one eventually. But yeah - you would be obliged to keep your 'home base' address up to date with USCIS.

You could keep your primary residence with a family member, perhaps. Someone who would know how to get in touch with you at any given moment.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson