50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Husband was denied bond. Wife US Citizen

My husband has pending I-130 for approval. Agg. DUI served 4 mo.- turned over to INS - was denied bond although he has no priors - He has been here 25 years with proof school records, USC children USC wife- no priors -has a business, owns home, supports mother in living expenses.
    Is there any way to ask for redetermination of bond which was denied. Did we do something wrong in our presentation. I am desperate for help. My husband is being threatened by fellow ins detainees. Please help with advise.

My husband has pending I-130 for approval. Agg. DUI served 4 mo.- turned over to INS - was denied bond although he has no priors - He has been here 25 years with proof school records, USC children USC wife- no priors -has a business, owns home, supports mother in living expenses.
    Is there any way to ask for redetermination of bond which was denied. Did we do something wrong in our presentation. I am desperate for help. My husband is being threatened by fellow ins detainees. Please help with advise.

SIMPLE DUI IS NOT A CRIME OF MORAL TURPITUDE, BUT DUI WHILE PROHIBITED FROM DRIVING DOES CONSTITUTE A CRIME INVOLVING MORAL TURPITUDE, THUS A DEPORTABLE OFFENSE.

Can a person with a DUI married to a US citizen apply for 212H Waiver from deportation. I have heard it can be done even if the DUI is an aggravated DUI. I guess it depends on how good of an attoney you have and how willing he is to try. Unfortunately many of them respond that a person will get deported plain and simple when that isn't exactly the case.

A non-aggravated felon can apply for adjustment of status based upon marriage to a USC assuming no other statutory disqualifications. You'll need an approved I-130 petition before you can ask for that relief before the Immigration Judge. Talk to an experienced immigration attorney for more on this strategy. An attorney will ask the right questions to determine if your spouse needs the 212(h) waiver. Gotta work fast if your spouse is detained in INS custody. Good luck - rrv

Rolando Rex Velasquez
    SEROTTE, REICH & SEIPP, LLP
    716-854-7525
    e/m: rvelasquez@srs-law.com