50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Democrats hold all the cards

It's funny to see all these Republicans squirming over the immigration issue. I saw Bush giving his speech and he looked like a madman ranting about how he wants a bill on his desk. I caught Ken Mehlman ranting away on CNN trying to shift the blame onto the Democrats for stalling the bill in the Senate. Top House GOP leaders recently softened their stance on the the felony provisions and the guest-worker program. Has anybody seen Tancredo on T.V. lately? He's not as cool and confident as he once was. Now he looks annoyed and desperate. Not too long ago he was ranting about how the House would not accept any amnesty. I saw him on T.V. and when asked if the House would accept amnesty he said that he wasn't sure but he hoped the American people would be heard. He was also sidestepping some of the questions. The Republicans are on the defensive and anytime they get any media, they're taliking about how they will address immigration ASAP. They're reaching for straws.

Top Democratic strategist feel that it would be a mistake to pass a bill this year now that they have the advantage over the Republicans. They feel that this immigration issue is instrumental to gaining control of the House and possibly the Senate.

Sen. Reid has asked Frist to put the immigration bill back on the calender for consideration after they are done with the appropriation bill. The Democrats want to build momentum closer to November, but I doubt they intend on passing anything. There's only 89 days left before the Senate adjorns and you have to figure that many Senators are going to start being MIA as they start campaigning. I think it's pretty safe to say there will be an amnesty, but probably not until next year.

It's funny to see all these Republicans squirming over the immigration issue. I saw Bush giving his speech and he looked like a madman ranting about how he wants a bill on his desk. I caught Ken Mehlman ranting away on CNN trying to shift the blame onto the Democrats for stalling the bill in the Senate. Top House GOP leaders recently softened their stance on the the felony provisions and the guest-worker program. Has anybody seen Tancredo on T.V. lately? He's not as cool and confident as he once was. Now he looks annoyed and desperate. Not too long ago he was ranting about how the House would not accept any amnesty. I saw him on T.V. and when asked if the House would accept amnesty he said that he wasn't sure but he hoped the American people would be heard. He was also sidestepping some of the questions. The Republicans are on the defensive and anytime they get any media, they're taliking about how they will address immigration ASAP. They're reaching for straws.

Top Democratic strategist feel that it would be a mistake to pass a bill this year now that they have the advantage over the Republicans. They feel that this immigration issue is instrumental to gaining control of the House and possibly the Senate.

Sen. Reid has asked Frist to put the immigration bill back on the calender for consideration after they are done with the appropriation bill. The Democrats want to build momentum closer to November, but I doubt they intend on passing anything. There's only 89 days left before the Senate adjorns and you have to figure that many Senators are going to start being MIA as they start campaigning. I think it's pretty safe to say there will be an amnesty, but probably not until next year.

ENOUGHT- you are 100% right...the question is no longer IF there will be an amnesty, the question NOW is, when will the amnesty pass congress....

Any fool that cant see what is happening is just blind...the president was at a small-business hearing and he blasted democrats for blocking the immigration bill.

You would think this is good news for the anti-immigration group, but the group that blocked the bill blocked it because they wanted a broader amnesty...so this should be very discouraging for tancredo, paddy, maramus and other racist.

ENOUGHT- by the way, when did tancredo appear on TV nervous bout an amnesty passing??

He was on practically all the cable news shows last week.