free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSN

I come the U.S with my F-1 , now my f-1 will expire, after out of state, can my SSN used still? can i buy insuance still. can i see doctor by my insurance

thank you responsed in advance !

I come the U.S with my F-1 , now my f-1 will expire, after out of state, can my SSN used still? can i buy insuance still. can i see doctor by my insurance

thank you responsed in advance !

Yes you can buy insurance if you can pay for it.Insurance companies do not ask you for your status nor do the doctors ask you your status.

why most immigrants iligilly cannot buy insurance except because the factor of no momney ,i heard most immigrant iligilly have not insurance ,can all immigrant iligilly buy insurance?

thanks

Yes.

You can continue to use the SSN after your status expires. What other options do you have?

Remember that you are dealing with various gov't departments. When dealing with employment issues, law enforcement, and taxes is when you will need to prove status. Medical insurance, education (for children), and so on does not require proof of status...

That being said, watch out. There is a real movement growing against illegal immigrants and the rules can and will change. For example - it is common practice is various states (CA, TX, AZ, etc...) to ask for proof of status when dealing with the police. For example - a speeding ticket could end up getting you into an INS holding cell.

I myself am a strong believer in immigration but have no sympathy for those who are illegal and try to manipulate the system and all the rest of us.

Well said ARQU!

I think that's not the way you should go through.It's not worth it staying illegal.If you are thinking about having a better life here in the U.S., do the right thing and comply with the law. If you fell out status on F1, why don't you try to contact your school advisor and ask for reinstatement? From now on, INS will be more and more tough and working together with all other law enforcement agencies. They will be after illegals now like they've never been before. Take care! Be careful about your next step.

You will be better off not to use your SS number until you fix your expiration. Do that first or you will be using SS falsely and the number can be seen as invalid and no longer useable.