free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Working without INS authorization

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this problem. I want to adjust my status to Permanent Residency (get a green card) through employment. Right now I have an H1B visa. Before that I had F1 visa. When I had F1 visa I worked without an INS authorization for abproximately two years. Can I still adjust my status through employment or that is it.

Thank You for your help

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this problem. I want to adjust my status to Permanent Residency (get a green card) through employment. Right now I have an H1B visa. Before that I had F1 visa. When I had F1 visa I worked without an INS authorization for abproximately two years. Can I still adjust my status through employment or that is it.

Thank You for your help

If there's no record that you worked illegally -then yes, you can.

Unfortunetelly I paid taxes and yes there is a record. So what are my chances to get a GC?

All I can say is that there is a risk involved. Did you use the same SSN you're using currently? You should ask someone who's applied for employment-based green card if they had to answer inquiries about illegal employment and the years for which they needed to produce tax returns.

If I were you, I'd look at the forms you need to fill out for employment-based green card and see if there's any information required that could expose your illegal employment. Plus, I'd call some attornies, some of them are quite nice and give you a pretty good initial consultation free of charge.

Hope there's someone else on this board who can help you more.

Thank You very much for your help. I appreciate.

Regards

unautrhorized unemployement and Over stay more than 180 days is only forgiven when filing for AOS through a marraige based petition!

When filing for H1 you shouldnt have problems but when u apply for AOS, they will ask you if you if you have worked without authorization. If you say yes you have, you wont be legible for AOS and if you lie and tell them you havent, they will find out through G-325 and that would be misrepresentation of facts and your petition would be denied.

I would suggest talking to a very good attorney.

I'm wondering how he got an SSN without work permission.

swiss, people on F-1 visa are eligible for SSN.

Thanks, I didn't know that.