free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My husband is illegal here...

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY NEW LAWS PROTECTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WITH FAMILIES HERE...WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST THREE YEAS AND WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TOGETHER..HE'S ALREADY ON DEPORTATION, BUT IT WAS AFTER WE WERE MARRIED THEY DID SO, AND THE CASE SAYS ON THE USCIS WEBSITE THAT IT IS STILL PENDING..WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON...ANY LEGAL ADVICE I CAN GET??

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY NEW LAWS PROTECTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WITH FAMILIES HERE...WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST THREE YEAS AND WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TOGETHER..HE'S ALREADY ON DEPORTATION, BUT IT WAS AFTER WE WERE MARRIED THEY DID SO, AND THE CASE SAYS ON THE USCIS WEBSITE THAT IT IS STILL PENDING..WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON...ANY LEGAL ADVICE I CAN GET??

OMG THAT WAS WEIRD...I DIDN'T PUT THOSE STARS IN THERE TO BLUR OUT A CURSE...MY COMPUTER IS GOING CRAZY...LOL

let me ask you something..since you are married to an illegal and I plan to marry one soon.... when you get married, does immigration come kocking on your door to pick him up....does the state inform immigration of all us citizens marrying illegals??? do you know?? or its not till you file adjustment of status that immigration finds out?

NO...THAT I THINK WOULD BE AN INVASION OF PRIVACY...I MARRIED MY HUSBAND THREE YEARS AGO IN AUGUST, AND THEY HAVEN'T CAME KNOCKING YET (KNOCK ON WOOD)

No, curerrent law does not protect illegal immigrant who has no legal venues to immediately AOS , even if one has minor USC children or LPR parents/spouses.
    DHS has all and every legal right to knock on the door and pick up any known illegal person at any time of day or night, and they can do that as a matter of fulfilling their Federally mandated duties.

But I also think :

More deportations/separations of USC/LPR related families = more attention to problem, more noise in press, more chances that law would pass to protect this cathegory of people.

Irony is that it is good for the common cause when individuals get deported under these unfavorable circumstances.

why is your husband on deportation? what did he do? Antifascist, if an alien has no criminal record...which I am just assuming her husband has none, why would he be deported if they try to adjust his status?

All depends on governing law and individual circumstances.

If she is USC, married prior to deportation proceedings and her husband has no criminal records, then under current law he is eligible for AOS immediately.

If USCIS for whatever reason contests that, it them must be settled in Court, before IJ, based on evidence in record.

Regards,

IE

ILW.COM Homepage discuss.ilw.com discuss.ilw.com Immigration Discussion

AF--does what you just said apply even IF her husband entered without inspection? Wouldn't he have to return to his home country while she applies for a waiver?

how about if the alien has a criminal record...would he then be deported regardless...even if he has been rehabilitated??? My fiancee has a record...he makes me really mad sometimes because I dont understand why he was so stupid when he was younger? I ask him constantly what the F U C K was going through his head when he was out with his friends acting a fool... ...now he says he regrets it, but sometimes I feel is to late....sometimes I feel hopeless, other times i try to be positive.....