50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what if the INS made a mistake

if the USCIS made a mistake like claimed somone is overstaying and he could prove that the perdiod of overstaying they claimed was within the processing time he was contacting the USCIS and have an appointment with them
    to whom can we complain or prove that they are wrong,
    what happened with me that they gave me 4 monthes to present the documents of change of status, and I started preparing them but I failed to present them all within the time they determined due to some W2 documents, and I went there and explained to them the situation, so the officer gave me another appointment so I told him that the last day is the same day for the extension of My I ,the office told me that it would be ok as long as i am in processing timing, and he gave me the next appointment after days or 4 weeksthen after the 4 weeks I was able to present all my papers and then another officer who was on the window said that there is overstay 4 weeks, and again I explained to her, and she went inisde for about 15 minutes then came back and accepted all the file and gave me the work permint too.
    and then later when I applied for advance prole they denied both of the advance parole and the I 485 and they based their denial of the 4 weeks overstay.

so I did not overstay but I just was at the same building meeting the responsible people

so my question is : in such cases how to prove that the ins made a big mistake ?

if the USCIS made a mistake like claimed somone is overstaying and he could prove that the perdiod of overstaying they claimed was within the processing time he was contacting the USCIS and have an appointment with them
    to whom can we complain or prove that they are wrong,
    what happened with me that they gave me 4 monthes to present the documents of change of status, and I started preparing them but I failed to present them all within the time they determined due to some W2 documents, and I went there and explained to them the situation, so the officer gave me another appointment so I told him that the last day is the same day for the extension of My I ,the office told me that it would be ok as long as i am in processing timing, and he gave me the next appointment after days or 4 weeksthen after the 4 weeks I was able to present all my papers and then another officer who was on the window said that there is overstay 4 weeks, and again I explained to her, and she went inisde for about 15 minutes then came back and accepted all the file and gave me the work permint too.
    and then later when I applied for advance prole they denied both of the advance parole and the I 485 and they based their denial of the 4 weeks overstay.

so I did not overstay but I just was at the same building meeting the responsible people

so my question is : in such cases how to prove that the ins made a big mistake ?

Said:
    It is not surprising to me at all if the INS makes mistake(s) on your case because they are always making a "deliberate" mistake. Just to give u an example, my I-130 petition decision statement had been over-pending time-wise; guess what, the same day that I finally made an online appointment to speak to them, I received an automatic update email from them saying that they have approved my case (here u can easily guess that haven't I made the appointment, the morons would have continued to [deliberately] make the mistake of not sending it to me, which makes me believe that a lot of people choose to stay here illegally because of the fact that the immigration process is "as fake as it could be", a stupid-mockery puppet....

Bruckf

what bothers me that any lawyers were astonished why they denied the other I 485, they said it should not happen like that, I told my lawyer that they refused it because they based it on the overstaying and tho overstaying was not real I was there at the same day ( day of appointment which was the deadline of I-94). in all cases they denied me and now I am out of the USA for two years and nine monthes and my wife filed for K3 visa and now i am in the stage of "administrative processing" which took 7 months now ( if the embassy send the document the next day but i am afraid they consumed one month to send it to Washington DC).

The INS .. made a mistake also with me.. take a look to my case....
    I waited the petition for an extension and change of status for about a month, then the INS requested for more documents, which I sent. After a month I got another letter telling me that a response was not received by the required date so my application was denied, but the info was sent within the required time frame, they give me 30 days to reopen the case but only if I had new evidence, which I did, they decided to reopen it, but they took like a year to make a final a decision, by that time my I 94 was already expired for more than a year, once I got the last denied letter I left the country 3 months later, I didnt leave the I 94 because was not returned to me, I had a copy though.
    Now I am not sure if Im able to travel to Usa I just wanna go to visit my family.
    I overstayed because of them.