publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what counts as battered spouse in waiver?

Did any one knows that what is the base of approval of battered spouse?
    We dont have physical abuse, but My petition was withdrawn twice. I was always told that its still valid but whenever I go to Immigration I was told that it was withdrawn.
    Finally I found out that my wife has someone else and thendivorce was filed.
    I pay child support, but once the petition is withdrawn, work permit is revoked too. so no more income to support the kids.

We dont have physical abuse, but My petition was withdrawn twice. I was always told that its still valid but whenever I go to Immigration I was told that it was withdrawn.
    I pay child support, but once the petition is withdrawn, work permit is revoked too. so no more income to support the kids.

Sorry, but neither your wife's affair nor withdrawing your petition are grounds for filing a VAWA claim.

Although the majority of VAWA cases are for women, it does cover men and children too.

http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=5292

Who can use or benefit from VAWA?

Although VAWA stands for "Violence Against Women Act", it applies to all spouses including abused men and children. A VAWA petition can be filed in situations where the spouse of the US citizen or Permanent Residence has abused the alien. Abuses do not always have to be physical. Abuse can be mental, psychological, physical, or a combination of all the above. In fact, many abuses are psychological and sometimes leave long lasting scars. For instance, Anita is Married to Ram who is a US citizen. Ram knowing that Anita is alone in the United States and depending on him to obtain a green card takes advantage of Anita. Ram will regularly make insulting comments to Anita. When Anita tries to answer the insult, Ram will be threatening on calling the Immigration Services on her.

Seriously, you dont belong in this country if you get beaten by women. What's wrong with you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kumna:
    Seriously, you dont belong in this country if you get beaten by women. What's wrong with you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with who? Anyway, I was just posting the information. I am not a man-beater - lol!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pascal:
    I pay child support, but once the petition is withdrawn, work permit is revoked too. so no more income to support the kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pascal

forget the VAWA. I do not know who put this nonsense into your head. All you had to do was to fill out the sponsership forms from your wife and have gotten a co sponser back then and you would have had your greencard. Now it is too late for that because she is divorcing you and you have not adjusted status. Your case and circumstances were unfortunate and simply ridiculous.

YOU NEED TO SEE AN IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY WHO CAN DISCUSS WITH YOU cancellation/suspension of removal . I hope you have not gotten into any trouble over the past 10 years or so.

How old are your children, and are they the children of this current usc that is divorcing you? How long were you married and living with this usc?

The fact that your wife found out that you are a lying wetback does not constitute abuse. You are totally frakked. Run or get arrested. We are going to get you mother frakker.