50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Few odd questions regarding immigration to usa

hi, im a 25yo guy from finland with a few Q's!

sorry if this is the wrong board to post such questions but I couldnt find a better place
    So ive been thinking recently that my life could use some change and some of my friends over the pond have been suggesting that i should move over for a while, usa that is.
    Theres a hell of a lot material floating around the net concerning this matter and I know I should take the time to wade through it all and discover the answers on my own but i thought that why not ask the people who might be already better informed on the subject....

So eh, im professional nurse, bouncer and a security guard.
    As far as I know, the last two arent "real professions" in the states, right?
    in finland they are 99% of the time in the same legal position as a police officer while on duty, the only thing that differs between the jobs are the fields in which each group is specialized in.
    I also served in the finnish military for a while as just about everyone here does, i did my nation defence duty in combat engineering.
    So the thing is, could any of these facts give me any form or sort of leverage if i were to apply for a job in the field of security in the states? or rather, what kind of security jobs could i apply for?
    Would I be in the same position as a person of no experience / does my prior experience count at all?
    I have about 7-8 years of experience and the thought of roaming the malls in a jumpsuit again or otherwise starting career from the very beginning does not sound very appealing.

If I wanted to come over and just "try out" how things would work for me in the states, what sort of documentation would i need if i wanted to work and live there for a few months or half a year or so?
    -Be it any job.

Also, if during that time I'd get injured or fall ill badly enough to require medical attention, would the health services basically just sap all my money or is there a type of insurance a visitor of the sort could get?

And lets assume for a while that things do work out for me in whatever the job it is that i get and life in the states start to seem like the better option and i feel like i want to stay after a few months, would i need to head back to finland for a while and start applying for a citizenship from there or could I stay longer in the states and apply while im still there?

Phew. Theres a couple of brain twisters for yall, i'll probably come up with a few more later on but i suppose these will suffice for now
    Again, sorry if there are typos, weirdly worded questions, terms, "chaotic sentences"... the fact that this isnt my native language does occasionally shine through when I try to delve into the more complex matters :P

hi, im a 25yo guy from finland with a few Q's!

sorry if this is the wrong board to post such questions but I couldnt find a better place
    So ive been thinking recently that my life could use some change and some of my friends over the pond have been suggesting that i should move over for a while, usa that is.
    Theres a hell of a lot material floating around the net concerning this matter and I know I should take the time to wade through it all and discover the answers on my own but i thought that why not ask the people who might be already better informed on the subject....

So eh, im professional nurse, bouncer and a security guard.
    As far as I know, the last two arent "real professions" in the states, right?
    in finland they are 99% of the time in the same legal position as a police officer while on duty, the only thing that differs between the jobs are the fields in which each group is specialized in.
    I also served in the finnish military for a while as just about everyone here does, i did my nation defence duty in combat engineering.
    So the thing is, could any of these facts give me any form or sort of leverage if i were to apply for a job in the field of security in the states? or rather, what kind of security jobs could i apply for?
    Would I be in the same position as a person of no experience / does my prior experience count at all?
    I have about 7-8 years of experience and the thought of roaming the malls in a jumpsuit again or otherwise starting career from the very beginning does not sound very appealing.

If I wanted to come over and just "try out" how things would work for me in the states, what sort of documentation would i need if i wanted to work and live there for a few months or half a year or so?
    -Be it any job.

Also, if during that time I'd get injured or fall ill badly enough to require medical attention, would the health services basically just sap all my money or is there a type of insurance a visitor of the sort could get?

And lets assume for a while that things do work out for me in whatever the job it is that i get and life in the states start to seem like the better option and i feel like i want to stay after a few months, would i need to head back to finland for a while and start applying for a citizenship from there or could I stay longer in the states and apply while im still there?

Phew. Theres a couple of brain twisters for yall, i'll probably come up with a few more later on but i suppose these will suffice for now
    Again, sorry if there are typos, weirdly worded questions, terms, "chaotic sentences"... the fact that this isnt my native language does occasionally shine through when I try to delve into the more complex matters :P

Hi Curious,

Nursing is your only bet, except for the lottery.

Most immigration to the U.S. is based on family relationships and discriminates against whites.

Thought about marrying an American?

Good luck.

All medical care in the U.S. is free to those who cannot afford it. Paying is optional. Mexicans and other aliens here just claim they are poor and then don't have to pay.

If you get a job here legally, you will probably get health insurance provided by your employer.

Have you considered work with an international security outfit in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Hey federale86!

I know that white people are discriminated against anywhere, wherever they may go.
    Marrying "into the country" is a good idea as such but I dont want to go that way, i want to do things right.
    I suppose I could "sign in" as eurasian, since thats what finns technically are.

Service in iraq and afghanistan is also a good idea but I already served there between 2005 - 2006. I must admit that I was absolutely useless, im a winter person and i cant handle the heat
    One of my friends also suggested that i should seek for a career in the US military but ive been injured many enough times over the years badly enough so that isnt an option anymore.
    Private or public sector security I can do but im not cut out for military duty anymore.

If i ever do get in the US, i want to get in through the official means.

Hi curiouswonderer,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So eh, im professional nurse, bouncer and a security guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you can keep people out, throw 'em out and patch them up afterwards LOL

You're best bet is the nursing route. The US like many other countries is desperate for medical help. Do a search for US hospitals. They were advertising extensively at one point for internationally qualified nurses offering to pay for and sponsor for Green Cards.

There is no visa for "try out" things I'm afraid. They are all quite specific. Look up the various visa options on here. That is a good board for advice too.

Good luck.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Hey brit4064!

Throwing people out and patching them up, thats the general idea!
    Ive done work in elderly homes and insane asylums, dealing with (literally) demented people isnt that diffirent from dealing with drunk people. -And sometimes you'll be dealing with drunk demented people so its all the same, taking care of people and seeing they dont get hurt or hurt other people

Your link was a lot of help, thanks!
    i'll be doing some more reading and if i have further questions, ill obviously stick em here

Your best bet is to get a nursing or a technical degree and come on an employment visa. Lots nurses needed in cold parts of the USA, Alaska, Minnesota, North Dakota.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ive done work in elderly homes and insane asylums, dealing with (literally) demented people isnt that diffirent from dealing with drunk people. -And sometimes you'll be dealing with drunk demented people so its all the same, taking care of people and seeing they dont get hurt or hurt other people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey CW, we could have done with your help on this forum up until recently! There were a few regular posters on here that fit your above description perfectly LOL If you're inclined, do a recent past history search - you'll see what I mean. Come back in here if you need more help.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."