50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Friend needs help & advice

My friend who is from uk (as am i) moved to la 15 years ago and after a while managed to get a work visa. He worked there up until 05 but his work visa had expired (not renewed as he fell out with his sponsor uncle) His uk passport had also expired and was issued a new one from washington. he left the country as normal with the airline filling out a green visitor visa and having it stamped when he left. Obviously when immigration marry their records up they are going to realise that he should not have been there or at least had overstayed his welcome. Thing is now he has a job here in uk and is taking vacations to other places throughout the world and planned to go to Palm Springs for 2 weeks in September as a vacation. He was not so worried about being turned back when he got there and was going to give it a try but I pointed out that if they turn him away US immigration will stamp his passport as deported and that could seriously affect his chances of getting into other countries. He works in the film industry and of course if Universal needed him to work on a film they would arrange a work permoit and they would be responsible for him while in the states. But that situation may not arise for a while. Last thing he needs is a deported stamp on his passport to stop him going elsewhere and ruin any future chances of working. Question - what will happen if he turns up in September trying to get in for a 2 week holiday?
    Any help gratefully accepted. Many Thanks

My friend who is from uk (as am i) moved to la 15 years ago and after a while managed to get a work visa. He worked there up until 05 but his work visa had expired (not renewed as he fell out with his sponsor uncle) His uk passport had also expired and was issued a new one from washington. he left the country as normal with the airline filling out a green visitor visa and having it stamped when he left. Obviously when immigration marry their records up they are going to realise that he should not have been there or at least had overstayed his welcome. Thing is now he has a job here in uk and is taking vacations to other places throughout the world and planned to go to Palm Springs for 2 weeks in September as a vacation. He was not so worried about being turned back when he got there and was going to give it a try but I pointed out that if they turn him away US immigration will stamp his passport as deported and that could seriously affect his chances of getting into other countries. He works in the film industry and of course if Universal needed him to work on a film they would arrange a work permoit and they would be responsible for him while in the states. But that situation may not arise for a while. Last thing he needs is a deported stamp on his passport to stop him going elsewhere and ruin any future chances of working. Question - what will happen if he turns up in September trying to get in for a 2 week holiday?
    Any help gratefully accepted. Many Thanks

If your friend remained in America illegally - after April 1, 1997 - for a period exceeding 180 days, he is automatically barred from reentry for a period of three years. If the period of illegal overstay is more than 365 days, the bar against reentry is ten years.