ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing of my I-751 approval

Hi everybody,

NOA mid May 2003
    Approval mid Aug 2004 Nebraska SC

I just received a letter that my I-751 has been approved without interview. The letter also says that I must appear in person at the local office to obtain a new GC.

Well, that's a good news. But the timing of it is not. As I posted before, I am temporary outside the US. As a metter of fact, I just returned from the US as I had to go to that same local INS office to get the 'extension of the GC extension'- I-551 stamp.

My current stamp is valid through July 2005. The letter also says 'you should not travel outside the US before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsment from this Service indicating that your new card is being pocessed.'

How soon do I have to go back to submit photos and get yet another stamp? Can I just mail photos? How important is the new stamp? Any ideas? suggestions?

If anybody is wondering, we are still married and happier than ever.

Please, help me to learn what my options are (besides taking yet another trip). Thanks.

Hi everybody,

NOA mid May 2003
    Approval mid Aug 2004 Nebraska SC

I just received a letter that my I-751 has been approved without interview. The letter also says that I must appear in person at the local office to obtain a new GC.

Well, that's a good news. But the timing of it is not. As I posted before, I am temporary outside the US. As a metter of fact, I just returned from the US as I had to go to that same local INS office to get the 'extension of the GC extension'- I-551 stamp.

My current stamp is valid through July 2005. The letter also says 'you should not travel outside the US before receiving your new card unless you have first received a passport endorsment from this Service indicating that your new card is being pocessed.'

How soon do I have to go back to submit photos and get yet another stamp? Can I just mail photos? How important is the new stamp? Any ideas? suggestions?

If anybody is wondering, we are still married and happier than ever.

Please, help me to learn what my options are (besides taking yet another trip). Thanks.

aneri,
    Congratulations! If I'm in your shoes, I'll get a ticket right a way. Trust me, you're very lucky, some people are waiting to receive ANYTHING from the INS even if it is a denial letter.

JD,
    I can see you reading and pulling your hair, that is so funny.

I'm afraid you're going to have to s u ck it up and go get that stamp. You absolutely have to have it and have to appear in person - they will not make exceptions, and they mean it when they say 'must appear in person'. But look at it this way - it's inconvenient for you now, but it's the last time you ever have to deal with the INS again (unless you apply for citizenship which is not necessary). So write it off as one last INS problem and then you're free of it. Could be MUCH worse.
    And congrats on your approval, btw!

Thanks for all the replys.

Sorry JohnDoe and everybody else for 'touching your nerve'. When it comes to dealing with INS, I have done my share of waiting and not knowing what will happen next for the last 5 years. I am just tired of arranging my life and putting things on hold to accomodate the INS process - not moving while application is being processed, traveling / not traveling, ... I know, many people are going through the process and dealing with the same and/or different issues ... and my heart is with all of you and them, but we all have different life stories, expectations, hopes and, at some point, priorities.

Good luck to everybody.

what was the exact NOA? the reason am asking is because mine is May 13 2004 and stil waiting.

She comes to our board complaining about the timing; fraudster you are lucky to get away without interview. Staying out of USA would have been enough to disqualify I 751!

AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!!!!!

JohnDoe my service center is NEBRASKA.

hi aneri ,

first of all congratulations... I can understand that priorities are different for different people...but sorry...u will have to come back no matter u flew just yesterday to ur home country... yeah that stamp is very important and I would not advise you to send that approval letter back ...that will jeopardize ur case and put you in more troubles that u don't want.... U r lucky to get it done ... others are waiting and waiting ... well just think like this...if u were called for interview then u would have to come back anyway...so its worth to spend on back ticket and get it done and then go back to ur home country... good luck...Pasha