free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to BronzeLady, your advise pls

BronzeLady,

I read your posts and noticed you are very informed about the ins process and helpful to us all.

can you please advise me what i should do, here is my situation,

i filed aos to nyc 2/11/2002 based on marriage to us citizen, my case was transferred to msc september of 2003, from then on, i could not find out what happens to my case, i did not receive anything (not even receipt) from msc, i do not have a receipt number from msc to check my case, i called the 800 number and wrote to msc with no response.

in the meanwhile, i heard people with later filing dates got fingerprinted and interviewed.

i have never been out of status, enterred legal on f1, then h1 then aos, what is happening and what else can i do?

thanks so much for your help

BronzeLady,

I read your posts and noticed you are very informed about the ins process and helpful to us all.

can you please advise me what i should do, here is my situation,

i filed aos to nyc 2/11/2002 based on marriage to us citizen, my case was transferred to msc september of 2003, from then on, i could not find out what happens to my case, i did not receive anything (not even receipt) from msc, i do not have a receipt number from msc to check my case, i called the 800 number and wrote to msc with no response.

in the meanwhile, i heard people with later filing dates got fingerprinted and interviewed.

i have never been out of status, enterred legal on f1, then h1 then aos, what is happening and what else can i do?

thanks so much for your help

Transfer to MSC is what is happening to all the cases that have yet to be scheduled and all new incoming applications. Your file is exactly where it should be. MSC will be in charge of scheduling these cases for interview in NYC. A 2/02 filing date should (the operative word is should but no one really knows until all of the cases are placed in order by month/year of filing) make your case one of the older ones so it should be one of the first scheduled when they start scheduling. NYC has scheduled out to mid-May and MSC is supposed to take over after that. In any case, NYC official processing times from filing to interview is 24 months (it's actually probably about 28 - 30 months right now but 24 months is the official time). So your case is actually just about on schedule.

Thanks a lot. BronzeLady, you are very helpful to many of us.

sincerely