50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When can I start working if a company sponsors me thru PERM?

Can a small company sponsor me on PERM?
    This company grossed about $150T last year with some net income.
    If I work for them, hopefully they can generate more income.
    Another thing, do we need a lawyer to do PERM?
    Is there a guide we can follow somewhere?

Thanks.

Previous question:

i used to have an h1b (programmer), something happened (long story), now i am out of status and have overstayed. yes, i have an approved labor cert by an old employer, filed April 2001.

my question is:
    if a new sponsor will file for labor certification for me thru PERM, how long before i can start working for them? Would it take more than a year? thanks.

Can a small company sponsor me on PERM?
    This company grossed about $150T last year with some net income.
    If I work for them, hopefully they can generate more income.
    Another thing, do we need a lawyer to do PERM?
    Is there a guide we can follow somewhere?

Thanks.

Previous question:

i used to have an h1b (programmer), something happened (long story), now i am out of status and have overstayed. yes, i have an approved labor cert by an old employer, filed April 2001.

my question is:
    if a new sponsor will file for labor certification for me thru PERM, how long before i can start working for them? Would it take more than a year? thanks.

Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aloha:
    Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'll act immediately, it may be so even within a shorter period of time. All good tidings are coming your way: you have a line of work that's applicable in any line of petitioner's business, EB-2/EB-3 visa categories are "C"urrent across the board beginning next month, and you have your 245(i) coverage.

if i am lucky to find an employer to sponsor me, can i start working for them after labor certified or after EAD or wait for adjustment of status? at what stage i can start working? I appreciate any info. I know a little bit but not confident. Prospect employers usually will ask when one is legally allowed to work. Thanks.

oh, thanks for the info Rough Neighbor. greatly appreciated!

Where can we find some guidelines on PERM filing? Thanks.

Davdah.
    don't know where you're getting at.
    but anyways, i came here 1998 as a COBOL programmer. In 1999 I did VB6. Since 2001, when I became a CISA (certified info systems auditor), i worked as an auditor up to 2005. when i lost my visa, i did some web dev just using html (frontpage). now i am currently enhancing my websites using ready-made php script i bought. before i came here i did several languages rpg2,basic,clipper,foxpro,etc.
    can you help me? can anyone you know sponsor me?

If you are "grandfathered" under 245(i) then yes, you can still pursue your AOS (despite the fact that you were out of status for a long while).

However, I am not sure if your approved LC is still viable means of claiming benefits under 245(i), considering the fact that your previous employer has no intentions to sponsor you by the time your new employer applies for you.

It's fairly easy question though, a matter of regulation under Life Act. Just call any Immigration law office dealing with Employment based I-485 and they should be able to answer you right off the top of their head (if they don't hang up and call another law office).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aloha:
    Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'll act immediately, it may be so even within a shorter period of time. All good tidings are coming your way: you have a line of work that's applicable in any line of petitioner's business, EB-2/EB-3 visa categories are "C"urrent across the board beginning next month, and you have your 245(i) coverage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Aloha, my previous statement above about the CURRENT (available) visa for most employment-based categories (except 'Other Worker') beginning this month went up in smoke. It's no longer the case since yesterday, July 2nd, the very first day it should have taken effect. Interestingly, the DOS blamed the USCIS and vice versa for the mishap. Haha! what a prehistoric blunder in 21st century America!