50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: the new bill

does anyone know anything about the bill that i believe was passed by the senate last year that says something about if your an immigrant but have been here more than 5 years and are a productive contribution to society that they will grant you your residency?? Is it going to be passed through the house of representatives this November? and what is the likelihood that it will be??? Thanks!

does anyone know anything about the bill that i believe was passed by the senate last year that says something about if your an immigrant but have been here more than 5 years and are a productive contribution to society that they will grant you your residency?? Is it going to be passed through the house of representatives this November? and what is the likelihood that it will be??? Thanks!

It's pretty much dead.
    Nothing is going to happen this year, in my opinion. And even next year it'll be at least mid summer till they'll be able to come up with something. and don't forget '08 election so besides more feneces more agent more detention place i don't think they can pass trough anything else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IE Posted July 10, 2005 01:58 PM

..If my judgement doesn't fail me, if all the past and present patterns are to be relied upon, I would suggest that before inevitable liberalization of immigration takes place, there will be an extreme intolerance and targeted enforcement of immigration law against 'undocumenteds'.
    I repeatedly said this in past.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click for relevant thread here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IE Posted May 02, 2006 04:31 PM

Amnesty, in the long run, is inevitable.
    Just as increased level of enforcements in the near future.

Ideally, the best solution would:

1. Increase Border Protection , do everything possible to halt the future flow of illegal immigrants.

2. Intelligent group of Interior enforcement veterans ,economists and political advisers should estimate :

a) How much resourses can US commit to interior enforcement ( f.e. $$$ XX).

b) How many individuals would that amount of resourses allow to apprehend and deport ($$$*** divided the $ cost per apprehension/detention/deportation).

c) How many individuals would not be possible to detain/deport ? ( Number derived from b : Total number of undocumented population minus the number that resourses would allow to deport ).

3. Enact "Temporary Guest Worker" program for undocumented population that would set piorities whereby:

a) Those who fail to pass initial screening (criminal/health related) are removed as soon as practically possible

b) Most of those who entered country recently/have no roots and can be deported ( per estimate of the costs and resourses available) be forced to leave at the end of such temporary period.

c) Remaining number ( no health/criminal risk + long term established roots/humanitarian grounds and etc.) are allowed to apply for permanent residence after meeting strict eligibility requirements.

[Looks almost like Hagel-Martinez compromise, but based on hard numbers ( feasibility, cost, resourses available and etc. rather than arbitrary wish]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click for relevant thread here

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mp2006:
    does anyone know anything about the bill that i believe was passed by the senate last year that says something about if your an immigrant but have been here more than 5 years and are a productive contribution to society that they will grant you your residency?? Is it going to be passed through the house of representatives this November? and what is the likelihood that it will be??? Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You are talking about S. 1033 "The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005." This bill is essentially dead since its House version did not pass and the Senate bill has never made it out of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Any action would occur after the Novemember elections and probably after the new Congress is sworn in.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

A Bill that passed in Senate with amendments is Titled "A Bill To Provide For Comprehensive Immigration Reform And For Other Purposes", S.2611, sponsored by Senator Arlen Specter. (Introduced: 4/7/2006
    Passed Senate: 5/25/2006. Was destined to stall in House even before it's passage in Senate).

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that