free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I 485 Nightmare

My mother is an American citizen and I have an I-485 pending. I received my first work permit and Social Security back in 2003. Renewed my work in 2004, and before the work permit expired this last June, I sent the paperwork in along with the money order to get a new one. I have been waiting for my work permit since June, visited the local INS office twice and they told me that they had sent out the work permit back in August??! Now, how is that possible if my biometrics appointment was in September?
    Anyways, it is February, I still do not have a work permit, I had to actually quit my job before they put me on the spot and I am currently unemployed and unable to get a job. I consulted an attorney and he attempted to recapture the original date of filing, so that I could have my Green Card sooner, UNSUCCESFUL!! Today he told me that I will be able to apply for a new work permit..which means that I lost $180 and will have to send in an additional $180 dollars to get a work permit..is this common or what? I feel robbed and cheated, Anything else I can do?

My mother is an American citizen and I have an I-485 pending. I received my first work permit and Social Security back in 2003. Renewed my work in 2004, and before the work permit expired this last June, I sent the paperwork in along with the money order to get a new one. I have been waiting for my work permit since June, visited the local INS office twice and they told me that they had sent out the work permit back in August??! Now, how is that possible if my biometrics appointment was in September?
    Anyways, it is February, I still do not have a work permit, I had to actually quit my job before they put me on the spot and I am currently unemployed and unable to get a job. I consulted an attorney and he attempted to recapture the original date of filing, so that I could have my Green Card sooner, UNSUCCESFUL!! Today he told me that I will be able to apply for a new work permit..which means that I lost $180 and will have to send in an additional $180 dollars to get a work permit..is this common or what? I feel robbed and cheated, Anything else I can do?

Pretty common - they may have mailed it to the wrong address. Phone customer Service (do you have your service number? You can go on the internet and sign up to to determine where the document is). I filed a complaint about a late document and they answered in a month. Do you want to know which document I filed? I have the inforamtion else where, but I can get back to you.

No. Resubmit the application for employment authorization and enclose a check in the amount of $180.00

The American taxpayers thank you for your prior $180.00 donation to the treasury.

Maybe USCIS sent the "lost" employment authorization to the person who they identified as being the legitimate holder of the fake social security number that you previously used.

I'm sorry that you feel "robbed and cheated." Now you know...at least a little bit...how Americans feel when illegal aliens use fake IDs to rob them of job opportunities and cheat them by not paying taxes.

SunDevil, you speak of sheer frustration. You're frustrated that some immigrants are winning jobs that some Americans can't hold on because they may be, like yourself, lazy and dumb. A smart, hard working American would never write pile of non-sense like you just produced. You're frustrated because the only effort you're willing to do is haul your fat *** from the couch to get your next six-pack and drool over your keyboard while faul-mouthing hard working people who came to this country legally (the writer mentioned he is legal, mind you) and are willing to work hard to become an American citizen, while all the effort you had to do is being squirted out of your drunken dad's ***** which happened to be on US soil at the time of ejaculation. I pity you and the likes of you.

Actually, SunDevilUSA is a LPR.... kinda thrown off the fat lazy American being jealous of immigrants conspiracy theory isn't it?

In that case - he's well on his way to becoming a fat lazy American... nothing else can explain the deep frustration this lowlife lives his miserable life in, attacking people who are obviously LEGAL immigrants (the author states that his mother is a US citizen) fighting a less-than-efficient immigration system. He's swamped with blind hatered to anyone who might risk his comfortable unemployment money or mediocre employment - God forbid if successful immigrants take jobs - his lazy a** might get laid off for being useless. Well, the fact of the matter is - capitalism is what made this great country - and that means one needs to do their best to succeed, and that there is competition out there. Shape up of ship out!

The same author also work with using fake SSN...now you tell me, if he's a legal immigrant, why would he need to do something illegal like that?

The true story is that the OP enter on a tourist visa and then overstay, while waiting for his mother that entered before, to finally married an american and adjust status to LPR and then finally to USC. Before his mother becomes USC, the OP is an illegal.

Few things are truly as simple as it seems.

Funny things you mention about capitalism. Just remember that when someone in China took over your jobs for 1/5th of what you make.

The Chinese are only taking jobs the Mexicans don't want.

Dear Still Waiting.

I am sorry. The same exact thing happened to me. I applied for my (thrid) EAD renewal last year, and it never arrived. I received an e-mail notification (since I entered my receipt number into the online data base) that my application was approved in April of 2004 and an approval notice was mailed. Never got it, never got the new card. Inquired, got letter back from Service Center that "their records indicate that my card was mailed". Also, they mailed it before I moved, but it never reached neither my old nor my new address. They told me to reapply with a new fee, but instead I reapplied with a fee waiver request, claiming that it was an Uscis error. (no response till now).
    I have to tell you one thing - I did not quit my job, even if I did not have the renewal card. I dont know why you quit - did you work in a large company or some government agency? I consulted a lawyer, he said I am fine as long as the employer is ok. My employer asked me for my papers when I started, but never asked again. The lawyer also said that there are MANY cases of documents claimed to be sent but never arrived. He said that a lawsuit is on the way regarding this. Presumably the info is somewehre on this website. Does anybody know about this?