free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to postpone a marriage based GC interview

Hi All,

Originally anxiously waiting for the 2nd interview for the AOS case to get conditional GC. The notice didnt show up until one year from the 1st one. And it's just a few months away from 2nd yr anniversary of our marriage. I'd rather postpone it so that very likely I will get an unconditional GC .vs. a conditional one.

Now my questions are: What are good reasons, from what you or your friends know or experienced before, I should use to justify the interview postponement. And do I need to attach proofs in the letter back to the INS local office?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

Originally anxiously waiting for the 2nd interview for the AOS case to get conditional GC. The notice didnt show up until one year from the 1st one. And it's just a few months away from 2nd yr anniversary of our marriage. I'd rather postpone it so that very likely I will get an unconditional GC .vs. a conditional one.

Now my questions are: What are good reasons, from what you or your friends know or experienced before, I should use to justify the interview postponement. And do I need to attach proofs in the letter back to the INS local office?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Together,

I understand your desire to avoid a conditional GC if possible.

Although you haven't asked, I would urge you not to try to postpone your interview. Don't play with fire.
    First of all, you don't have any good reason to do it. And yes, one has to send proofs why he/she is not able to attend the interview.

Also, there is a risk in postponing an interview. I read stories about people who tryed to postpone the interview for legit reason, but their letters hadn't reached their files by the time of the interview. At the interview, they were "no show", and automatically denied. Fixing the situation was rather lengthy and expensive process.

Aneri,

Thanks so much for your point. I know it's risky to postpone the interview appointment plus it would probably delay the case for an even longer time. By weighing the options, however, I'd prefer to postpone it, firstly it will help me get the unconditional GC, also it would buy me more time to prepare all documents neccessary(I found out I do NOT have certain important document).

So, Aneri and other dear members, could you please help out and talk about what would be the good reasons I can use to postpone ??

Any experience, any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Great Thanks

Hi together,
    i m like on teh same boat. i didnot get my conditional green card on the first interview and till tahn now i m waiting for teh decision for first interview. in march i went to the immigration office and tehy told me my case need another interview but dont know when. can u please tell me wat happen in ur case. like when u got the first interview and wat happen and after wat time u got second interview. please help me.my second marriege anniversery is on 15aug and i didnot get any interview letter yet. and in which immi office u applied.

The important documentation for the AOS interview is that which will validate the genuine nature of the marriage. What important document are you waiting for?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Come-on guys, anyone has any suggestion?? If I really asked a question much too simple, please forward me some links.

sandhu_7881
    my 2nd interview is one full year from my 1st one. And it is requested based on petty difference manipulated out by the examiner.

together,

Links to what? Atypical procedure? Two interviews for AOS is not typical. A year between interviews and apparently you still need more time because you are missing an important document, the nature of which you care not to disclose. A "petty difference manipulated by the AO" says nothing to me of the real reason for the second interview.

You can always postpone an interview by contacting the local office. The issue is what reason to use and if the office will consider it and record your request appropriately to prevent the consequences of failing to appear on the specified interview date and time. With one year between interviews, I would have a hard time understanding what it is you need to secure prior to the interview and why you have not yet been able to do so.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.