free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Police Clearance

Dear Friends,
    One of my friend had got the Fiancee immigrant application approved in year 2000. Before his interview he had under gone a police case involving him in the bribery case. He was told that his file would be kept pending as he has to get the court clearance. He had been to high court to get the permission to travel and had got the same for 7 months. he again went to consulate and was refused again. He has a son with him as this is his second marriage with US Citizen. Can his son get the visa under the CSPA law?As he has the permission to travel from the court, then can the consulate people still refuse him?

Raj Shah

Dear Friends,
    One of my friend had got the Fiancee immigrant application approved in year 2000. Before his interview he had under gone a police case involving him in the bribery case. He was told that his file would be kept pending as he has to get the court clearance. He had been to high court to get the permission to travel and had got the same for 7 months. he again went to consulate and was refused again. He has a son with him as this is his second marriage with US Citizen. Can his son get the visa under the CSPA law?As he has the permission to travel from the court, then can the consulate people still refuse him?

Raj Shah

My guess is that the court permits him to leave the country, while the consulate permits entry into the USA. Therefore, the consulate can still refuse him, as permission to leave is not the same as permission to enter.

Anyway, this sounds like a moral turpitude case to me. If he is interested in obtaining residency in the USA (from his USC spouse) then there is probably the possibility of filing for an I-601 waiver. He might want to look into that.

Hi Raj,

I know one same case .... Same scenario happened to a person I know .... And in his case unless he did clear that case in court ... he couldn't get a visa at all ... he got married to USC back in 93 and it took him almost 10 yrs to clear that mess ... he came to USA last year in 2003 ... I must appreciate his wife who tolerated all this years and still waited for him .... I guess this has a lot to do with type of visa ... and here its immigrant so that s the reason US Consulate wont issue him right now unless his records are clear .... Good luck to your friend ... Pasha

Hi! All US Visa needs the police clearance, since your friend is involved in court case, He do not need the Court Permission for travel. He will need a letter from the Court saying their is no case pending against him in any court of law. Where is he from? Then we might be able to say where he can go.