50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need input/advice on filing forms

My husband came over in December 06 on a tourist visa. At the time we were just dating seriously but decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart again. His visa expired end of Feb 07. We got married Feb 2nd 2007. I have called USCIS and talked to numerous reps and all have stated that as long as we file the required forms within the year, he will NOT have to go back home and can stay here while waiting for their decision. But after reading some posts on here, I'm wondering if they were telling me the truth? We would have already had everything sent in before now but due to health reasons, I have been unable to get it done. We're working on it all now and will have it sent in before the end of this month. Can ANYONE help calm my nervous and tell me that USCIS was telling me the truth and he will be able to stay here with me since he was still legal when we got married? thanks

My husband came over in December 06 on a tourist visa. At the time we were just dating seriously but decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart again. His visa expired end of Feb 07. We got married Feb 2nd 2007. I have called USCIS and talked to numerous reps and all have stated that as long as we file the required forms within the year, he will NOT have to go back home and can stay here while waiting for their decision. But after reading some posts on here, I'm wondering if they were telling me the truth? We would have already had everything sent in before now but due to health reasons, I have been unable to get it done. We're working on it all now and will have it sent in before the end of this month. Can ANYONE help calm my nervous and tell me that USCIS was telling me the truth and he will be able to stay here with me since he was still legal when we got married? thanks

I think you'll be okay. I've heard other stories such as yours - just make sure you file the forms sooner than later. Not something to procrastinate on.