50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining Navy or other military services to gain legal status?

Is that true guys? Joining military services is like getting american citizenship? wow!

No. In order to join the United States military, a person must be either a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.

Permanent Residents who serve in the military are immediately eligible to apply for U.S citizenship.

may i ask how long does it take for military servicemen for a naturalization to be processed?my husband has received a notice of action(I-797c)with sept 7,2006 notice date.It stated that he should w8 to be notified of the date and place of his interview.how long does he have to wait?
    pls help!

Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    Permanent Residents who serve in the military are immediately eligible to apply for U.S citizenship.
    Ha ha... Application is the easy part... if you ever get that citizenship, thanks to background check BS, now that is something.
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Originally posted by chizza:
    may i ask how long does it take for military servicemen for a naturalization to be processed?my husband has received a notice of action(I-797c)with sept 7,2006 notice date.It stated that he should w8 to be notified of the date and place of his interview.how long does he have to wait?
    pls help!
    Forget it if your husband is from the Middle East or if they think he is from Middle East! It could be YEARS unless of course you sue them.

True. Those of Middle Eastern descent would find it harder to join the US military service. Even those applying as pilots now get scrutinized more. Of course if you're 100% white or causasian...meaning you look like a white supremacist or belong to KKK, it's a lot easier.

My husband is a Filipino and he is a legal permanent resident(GC holder). does it make a difference.?Is this a hopeless case for him?

Originally posted by macyuhoo:
    True. Those of Middle Eastern descent would find it harder to join the US military service.
    No, it is not hard to join the service for a certain ethnic background, military's security check is far more effective and quick, compared to middle easterns we have more people gained entrance to the service with some kind of moral waiver for law violations.

Even those applying as pilots now get scrutinized more.
    http://www.todaysmilitary.com/app/tm...mansour_elhihi

F-15 Fighter Pilot USAF, middle eastern descent!

As long as you profile people as a government, you will always hurt the innocent more than you want to hunt down the terrorist.

Originally posted by chizza:
    My husband is a Filipino and he is a legal permanent resident(GC holder). does it make a difference.?Is this a hopeless case for him?
    NO, not whatsoever! He might get it in 4 to 6 months.

Is that true guys? Joining military services is like getting american citizenship? wow!
    The Law exists in the books that explicitly permits the DOD to enlist undocumented aliens (and gives DHS authority to assist DOD), especially during the wartime, if various requirements are met and given that enlistment would serve National/Public interests.
    However, to the best of my knowledge, that law is never utilized (or, if it is, then occurences must be so rare as not to be publicly known).

Instead, from time to time (as media reports) something else takes place: certain illegal aliens buy counterfeit Green Cards, SS cards and enlist fraudulently, in direct violation of law.
    This is extremely risky behavior, a felony carrying the punishment of dishonorable discharge and prison sentence if caught (and there are reports of such occurences).
    Ironically, if one who was enlisted through such activity (using counterfeit GC, SS, Birth Certificate and etc.) succeeds to serve military in good standing (with immigration status and enlistment violation undetected) and succeds to do so (serve in good standing) for a certain length of time (a year or more), then , under yet another law in the books such individual - in fact an illegal alien - is eligible to apply for Naturalization and get US Citizenship promptly (assuming that all other requirements are met, BGC complete and enlistee was a Soldier/Officer in good standing).

[COLOR:BLUE][B]When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault.

One day it will have to be officially admitted that