50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Disabled K1 Sponsor

Does any of you know the possibility of filing a K1 without meeting the fiancee in person? I read that you can waive this requirement as long as it can be proven that the meeting in person can cause hardship to the sponsor. My husband has a disabled friend. He has a foreign GF and wanted to bring her here but he can't travel personally to meet his girl first. Any reliable thoughts on this?

Does any of you know the possibility of filing a K1 without meeting the fiancee in person? I read that you can waive this requirement as long as it can be proven that the meeting in person can cause hardship to the sponsor. My husband has a disabled friend. He has a foreign GF and wanted to bring her here but he can't travel personally to meet his girl first. Any reliable thoughts on this?

any reason why the GF can't travel?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leila2007:
    Does any of you know the possibility of filing a K1 without meeting the fiancee in person? I read that you can waive this requirement as long as it can be proven that the meeting in person can cause hardship to the sponsor. My husband has a disabled friend. He has a foreign GF and wanted to bring her here but he can't travel personally to meet his girl first. Any reliable thoughts on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's possible for your husband's friend to waive the requirement depending on his disability. . An obvious example is one who is on kidney dialysis which transporting the equipment would be extremely expensive to the sponsor and may cause medical hardship to the sponsor. Need more info on the disability and which country the girlfriend is from.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

The GF is in another country. They were thinking to apply for a tourist visa to enter US and meet her US boyfriend. But, they are still considering the K1 if it can be done without meeting in person.

Hudson, the USC has COPD and on oxygen every night.

I have seen some successful cases where the "meeting in person" requirements have been waived due to justifiable medical conditions of the USC. But I have also seen a couple of cases where the I-129F petitions have been denied due to USCs' apparent incapacity to enter into marriage subsequently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leila2007:
    Hudson, the USC has COPD and on oxygen every night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    To waive the requirement, the USC will need to show USCIS that going to the country could be detrimental to the USC health and/or the exceptional hardship of transporting oxygen internationally. However, with the condition, I am more worried, even with the purest of intentions, that the girlfriend may not be able to handle the pressures for taking care the future spouse. This is not indicative of fraud as someone suggested, but a reality when loving someone with a severe disability. But sometimes love conquers all.

The same requirements to waive the meeting requirement may also prove useful for the B-2 visa. If the girlfriend can handle the situation and is truly in love with him, I see no reason why she should not be able to come here on the B-2 visa first. Good luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre