publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: You guys........ Advice please......

I know that there are several families in the same boat as I, but I am just stuck........... Any advice is appreciated! As you can see, my timeline is listed below.....
    I have seeked professional help with 2 attorneys. They both basically say "To ride it out" and see what happens in the future. I KNOW NUTTIN positive will happen. Our I-130 has been approved and I have recieved information from the NVC but have not yet responded. I was told I can hold on to it for up to 1 year. I also have spoken to a Immigration Advisor Worker?????????? (really not sure what he is) anyhoot he sent me a letter written in Spanish that I will more than GLADLY post on this site if there is anyone out there that can translate it. Basically it states my husband needs to fill out the papers attached (that he sent us) and go to Texas and basically Apologize and ask for re-admission to the U.S. in which at that time he will have to go to Mexico and I will need to file further for him to come to the U.S. Somehow I do not believe this option is a good idea, PERSON claims it should only take 3-4 months......... Nor do I believe that! Should I wait ??????? Should I send him to Mexico and try filing another way?????? Should I get a FOIA on my husband??????? Please help people. WE both know he will have to return to Mexico, that's not the issue. I just don't want a 10 year - lifetime bar put on him........ But hey what can I do right? I just need advice, opinions, and/or help. I work 50 hours a week and have 4 children I have very limited time to research immigration issues. So I am not quite up to date on everything/...................Thanks you guys for everything

08/1994- Hubby EWI to U.S
    04/12/1999- We met
    08/08/2001- We had our precious little girl
    07/12/2003- EWI got caught at border ( OUCH )
    12/31/2004- 12/31/04 got married
    01/10/05 recieved date I-130 (sent to California)
    01/13/05 notice date (pending)
    02/07/05 I-130 approved

I know that there are several families in the same boat as I, but I am just stuck........... Any advice is appreciated! As you can see, my timeline is listed below.....
    I have seeked professional help with 2 attorneys. They both basically say "To ride it out" and see what happens in the future. I KNOW NUTTIN positive will happen. Our I-130 has been approved and I have recieved information from the NVC but have not yet responded. I was told I can hold on to it for up to 1 year. I also have spoken to a Immigration Advisor Worker?????????? (really not sure what he is) anyhoot he sent me a letter written in Spanish that I will more than GLADLY post on this site if there is anyone out there that can translate it. Basically it states my husband needs to fill out the papers attached (that he sent us) and go to Texas and basically Apologize and ask for re-admission to the U.S. in which at that time he will have to go to Mexico and I will need to file further for him to come to the U.S. Somehow I do not believe this option is a good idea, PERSON claims it should only take 3-4 months......... Nor do I believe that! Should I wait ??????? Should I send him to Mexico and try filing another way?????? Should I get a FOIA on my husband??????? Please help people. WE both know he will have to return to Mexico, that's not the issue. I just don't want a 10 year - lifetime bar put on him........ But hey what can I do right? I just need advice, opinions, and/or help. I work 50 hours a week and have 4 children I have very limited time to research immigration issues. So I am not quite up to date on everything/...................Thanks you guys for everything

08/1994- Hubby EWI to U.S
    04/12/1999- We met
    08/08/2001- We had our precious little girl
    07/12/2003- EWI got caught at border ( OUCH )
    12/31/2004- 12/31/04 got married
    01/10/05 recieved date I-130 (sent to California)
    01/13/05 notice date (pending)
    02/07/05 I-130 approved
    Trying to learn...

There's quite a bit on this site about people in your situation.

From the various threads, there really is no other way for your husband to "get legal" than what your lawyer suggested, unless an amnesty passes. (I'm not a lawyer.)

Several people have commented that the approval rate for the 601 waivers of excludability (which means the 10-year bar is waived for him)which is apparently what your lawyer is suggesting, is very high for Mexico.

Guess the alternative is to wait for him to get caught and put in deportation proceedings, then plead hardship to you and your kids and hope the judge listens.

Thanks for your input..... below you will see a copy of a letter that one of the Immigration person I have been speaking to sent us...... Along with a form to fill out... please tell me what you think........... Sorry for the spelling if its wrong I could not read his writting well...........

i DON'T READ SPANISH WELL, MY HUSBAND TOLD ME WHAT IT SAID:

ESTIMADO AMIGO:
    DISCULPA LA DE MORA PARA CONTESTAR TU CASO, LO QUE PASO FUE QUE TENGO MUCHOS CASOS DE GENTE QUE HA VENIDON DE DIFEREMTES LUGARES TANTA DE U.S.A. ASI COMO DE OTROS PAISES, Y A LA VEZ TRATE DE BUS CAR LA FORMA DE AYUDARTE CON TU CASO, REALMENTE HAN COMETIDO UN ERROR EL CUAL ES QUEA PESAR DE HABER ESTADO VIVIENDO VARIOS ANOS JUNTOS Y A LA VEZ DE BOER UN BO?? UDS, NO SE CASARON Y PRESENTARO N RECIEN DESPUES QUE OSCAR FUE COGIDO LLENARON LOS DOCUMENTOS PAR A HACERSE RESIDENTE.
    TE ACOMPANO LA HOJA COMO TIENES QUE LLENAR PARA ENVIAR A N.V.C. EL PODER QUE SE NECESITA PARA QUE TE REPRESENTE TU ES POSA ADEMAS TE ESTOY ENVIANDO UNA HOJA QUE SEDICE DE PERDON PARA QUE TE DEJEN REGRESAR A ESTADOS UNIDOS, ESNECESARIO QUE ENVIES TO DOS LOS PAPELES DE NINOX (COPIA) LA FORM i-212 ES NECESARIA DE LLENARLA Y LLEVARLA A EL PASO TEXAS PARA PEDIR EL PERDON PARA AQUI SAS TE DEJAN REGRESAR ES TRES MESES A U.S.A.

QUE TENGAS SUERTE,
    JUAN

So what does this tell you and what do you think?
    Trying to learn...

Dalla,
    I am sorry I cannot help you with anything new.

I just wanted to point out one thing: If I am not mistaken, your husband EWIed twice, got cought once. You haven't always made that clear (your posts in February, + not everybody reads timelines). From what I read, simple 601 waiver is not enough to overcome that.
    I hope someone will come up with a good solution for your situation.

Take care

Michael
    Hasta La Vista Seniora

If the guest-worker bill passes, maybe your husband would qualify?

here is the english translation

DEAR FRIEND: IT EXCUSES THE ONE FOR MORE TO ANSWER YOUR CASE, WHICH STEP WAS THAT I HAVE MANY CASES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE VENIDON OF DIFEREMTES U.S.A PLACES SO MUCH. AS I LIKE OF OTHER PHAISES, And Simultaneously DEALS WITH BUS CAR The AYUDARTE FORM WITH YOUR CASE, THEY HAVE REALLY COMMITTED An ERROR WHICH IS QUEA TO WEIGH TO HAVE BEEN LIVING SEVERAL TOGETHER ANUSES And Simultaneously OF BOER A BO? YOU, THEY DID NOT MARRY And PRESENTARO N RECIEN DESPUTES THAT OSCAR WAS TAKEN FILLED DOCUMENTS EVEN TO BECOME RESIDENT. YOU ACOMPANO The LEAF AS YOU MUST FILL TO SEND To N.V.C. The POWER THAT IS NEEDED SO THAT IT REPRESENTS To YOU YOUR IS PUTS ADEMAS I AM SENDING YOU A LEAF THAT SEDICE OF PARDON SO THAT THEY LET To YOU RETURN To The United States, ESNECESARIO THAT ENVIES TO The TWO PAPERS OF NINOX (COPIA) The FORM i-212 IS NECESSARY TO FILL IT And TO TAKE IT To the TEXAS STEP TO REQUEST The PARDON FOR AQUI SAS LET To YOU RETURN IS THREE MONTHS To U.S.A. THAT YOU HAVE LUCK, JUAN
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..