publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please MOHAN! Fingerprint Issue!

Mohan,

I was alreeady interviewed and am awaiting approval pending background check since my fingerprints were misplaced the first time I took them.

Please can you assist with this: I received a notice to make an appointment for AOS biometrics in May 2005. Since NYC was full and had no appointment, I made one in Hackensack New Jersey. After not hearing anything about my case 2 months after the biometrics, I made an INFOPASS and went to Federal Plaza yesterday. There I was told that since I took my fingerprints in NJ the results could not appear in my file as NJ was outside of NYC jurisdiction!!! I thought the system was database centralized.

Now I have to go and get new fingerprints, with the same appointment notice which was alredy stamped in NJ!!! Do you think that will be a problem at the Varick St ASC? and have you ever heard of that "out of justisdiction rule for fingerprints"?

Mohan,

I was alreeady interviewed and am awaiting approval pending background check since my fingerprints were misplaced the first time I took them.

Please can you assist with this: I received a notice to make an appointment for AOS biometrics in May 2005. Since NYC was full and had no appointment, I made one in Hackensack New Jersey. After not hearing anything about my case 2 months after the biometrics, I made an INFOPASS and went to Federal Plaza yesterday. There I was told that since I took my fingerprints in NJ the results could not appear in my file as NJ was outside of NYC jurisdiction!!! I thought the system was database centralized.

Now I have to go and get new fingerprints, with the same appointment notice which was alredy stamped in NJ!!! Do you think that will be a problem at the Varick St ASC? and have you ever heard of that "out of justisdiction rule for fingerprints"?

You suppose to take fingerprint in NY area only. NJ is not under jurisdiction . in fact it has same 3rd circuit but its different state. You file is in NYC so you should have fingerprint taken anywhere in NY, it can be any where from Federal plaza to All the way to Niagara falls but it cannot be other side of the bridge or tunnel. matter of jurisdiction.
    You can do one of the two things. either you go to broad street Newark and ask them to issue you another pink slip because you done Biometrics under NJ jurisdiction, and your file is in NY and that pink slip should be issued for NY OR ask then to transfer your Biometrices to NY ( It can only be happend if you made request in writing). If the new pink slip issued then you will be able to get another bio done in Ny. you will not be able to get finger printing done on the same request which was done in Hackensack.
    pink slip can be issued in NY also if requested.
    Jurisdiction matters, unless you fill change of residence forms.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Thanks Mohan! always very helpful.

Now can I get that pink slip through an infopass appointment at federal plaza instead of going all the way to NJ again?

Hi Mohan just an update..
    I tried my luck by going to the ASC in Brooklyn today, the guard waived me in and an ASC staff called the Manager on duty to check my case...I explained the situation to the manager who went to his office with my notice..when he came back SURPRISE!! he told me that my fingerprints were in my file and that they had indeed cleared...he added that the DAO at Federal plaza checks the same system and that I should write her a letter explaining that I did not need to give my fingerprints once more since they have cleared in the file, and that processing in my case should resume....

Is that the way to go about it??

Thanks!