Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: uscis updates. thank you president obama

USCIS Makes Major Strides During 2008
    November 6, 2008
    WASHINGTON"”More than one million new citizens took the Oath of Allegiance during fiscal year 2008, just one of the significant accomplishments introduced today by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Acting Director Jonathan Scharfen highlighted the agency's progress throughout the past year and discussed future goals, saying the positive results are directly attributable to the USCIS workforce.

"The tremendous dedication and hard work of more than 18,000 USCIS employees and contractors has resulted in the continuous progress we've realized this past year," Scharfen said. "We set aggressive goals to reduce application processing times, further cut the FBI name check backlog, and began a viable transformation process for the agency. I'm proud to say that we are achieving those goals while ensuring that national security is an essential part of our ongoing customer service improvements."

Key accomplishments for the year include the following:

Completed more than 1.17 million naturalization applications, up more than 50 percent from FY07.
    Reduced naturalization application processing times to 9-10 months, down from the 16-18 months projected after the surge of applications in late FY07.
    Hired 1,600 new adjudications officers during FY08. Significantly revised and restructed the existing training curriculum and developed the BASIC training program at the USCIS Training Academy, preparing new officers to be "job-ready' upon completion of training.
    Worked with the FBI to effectively eliminate all name checks pending more than two years and reduced the cases waiting for a name check final result from almost 350,000 in late FY07 to less than 37,000.
    Interviewed more than 100,000 refugee applicants and completed more than 47,000 asylum applications.
    Increased participation in E-Verify, the nation's preeminent employment eligibility verification system, by 260 percent over last year, resulting in the verification of more than 10 percent of the Nation's new hires.

During FY09, USCIS' goal is to achieve a 20 percent reduction in processing times for the majority of key petitions and applications, in spite of having to work through an unexpected surge of applications received during FY07. The agency plans a five-month processing time for naturalization applications (N-400s) and a four-month processing time for both adjustment of status applications (I-485s) and petitions for alien workers
    (I-140s).

USCIS moves into 2009 with a more aggressive agenda to improve its services to customers. The agency has awarded the Transformation Solution Architect task order to IBM, a five-year investment to improve its filing and adjudication systems. The task order is just one of the building blocks of USCIS' overall transformation plan made possible through last year's implementation of a new fee structure.

"We're proud of 2008 and the milestones we've met," Scharfen added. "But, much work remains. We are gearing up for 2009 with a forward-looking and robust agenda that will result in an even better immigration service for our customers and our great Nation."
    (thank you mr president(obama)

USCIS Makes Major Strides During 2008
    November 6, 2008
    WASHINGTON"”More than one million new citizens took the Oath of Allegiance during fiscal year 2008, just one of the significant accomplishments introduced today by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Acting Director Jonathan Scharfen highlighted the agency's progress throughout the past year and discussed future goals, saying the positive results are directly attributable to the USCIS workforce.

"The tremendous dedication and hard work of more than 18,000 USCIS employees and contractors has resulted in the continuous progress we've realized this past year," Scharfen said. "We set aggressive goals to reduce application processing times, further cut the FBI name check backlog, and began a viable transformation process for the agency. I'm proud to say that we are achieving those goals while ensuring that national security is an essential part of our ongoing customer service improvements."

Key accomplishments for the year include the following:

Completed more than 1.17 million naturalization applications, up more than 50 percent from FY07.
    Reduced naturalization application processing times to 9-10 months, down from the 16-18 months projected after the surge of applications in late FY07.
    Hired 1,600 new adjudications officers during FY08. Significantly revised and restructed the existing training curriculum and developed the BASIC training program at the USCIS Training Academy, preparing new officers to be "job-ready' upon completion of training.
    Worked with the FBI to effectively eliminate all name checks pending more than two years and reduced the cases waiting for a name check final result from almost 350,000 in late FY07 to less than 37,000.
    Interviewed more than 100,000 refugee applicants and completed more than 47,000 asylum applications.
    Increased participation in E-Verify, the nation's preeminent employment eligibility verification system, by 260 percent over last year, resulting in the verification of more than 10 percent of the Nation's new hires.

During FY09, USCIS' goal is to achieve a 20 percent reduction in processing times for the majority of key petitions and applications, in spite of having to work through an unexpected surge of applications received during FY07. The agency plans a five-month processing time for naturalization applications (N-400s) and a four-month processing time for both adjustment of status applications (I-485s) and petitions for alien workers
    (I-140s).

USCIS moves into 2009 with a more aggressive agenda to improve its services to customers. The agency has awarded the Transformation Solution Architect task order to IBM, a five-year investment to improve its filing and adjudication systems. The task order is just one of the building blocks of USCIS' overall transformation plan made possible through last year's implementation of a new fee structure.

"We're proud of 2008 and the milestones we've met," Scharfen added. "But, much work remains. We are gearing up for 2009 with a forward-looking and robust agenda that will result in an even better immigration service for our customers and our great Nation."
    (thank you mr president(obama)

What did Obama have to do with 2008?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

i was about to change the post and add up to it . all the 2008 stuff is a lie ,but the 2009 plan is because he opened fire on them few months back and now they relize that the system is broken big time and they have to fix it .

I think it might have been more to do with Laura Bush. I know quite a few have written letters to her regarding their long waits, especially for the FBI namecheck delays. A friend of mine had done so. She probably nagged the hubby so much he finally decided to do something about it LOL
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
    i was about to change the post and add up to it . all the 2008 stuff is a lie ,but the 2009 plan is because he opened fire on them few months back and now they relize that the system is broken big time and they have to fix it . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mike,
    USCIS/INS have had problems for a long time with FBI name checks being one of the issues. Unless more people are hired by USCIS or blanket passes on immigration petitions, the problems will continue, unfortuneately. This has nothing to do with President Elect Obama or Sen McCain.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Most if not all the campaign promises are by now road kill. Give it six months and it will be made apparent.

There won't be amnesty when unemployment and the economy are in shambles. Does anyone think by increasing the population that it will improve financial stability? Nope, it won't. First and foremost OhNoBama will want to preserve his future approval ratings. Won't happen if he drives unemployment higher or induces inflation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite your tongue Davdah. let us hope that he and his advisors are not that stupid to attempt an amnesty with the economny in this unpredictable status right now. I certainly hope there are going to be sensible people in congress to halt this action again.

He would be bonkers to even suggest it at this point. I believe his platform said that he would enact cir within the 1st 100 days though. Reformed legislation for legal immigrants is ok.. Hopefully these will be the problems that he will address in the 1st 100 days.

Let us not forget that the troops are going to be returning and will need jobs again too and some of them for the first time the young 18 and 20 year olds,. No time for amnesty... not now or anytime soon.

Another curious note.. I wonder how many of the 18000 hired are uscis employees and what percentage of that number is contractors? I suspect that government is just as guilty as any other employer in the "employee" scope of hiring. This is part of the real issue in hiring other than low wages. Nobody wants to pay payroll taxes for an employee or pay workman compensation. hence the independent contractor became ever so popular in almost all fields these days.

Forced self employment.

They did not cut the FBI background check, they eliminated it.