publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: what is considered an illegal immigrant?

Is an illegal immigrant someone that entered the country illegally (say without a passport?). What about international students who enter the country legally but then stop attending school? Would they be considered illegal as well? If so, would the new immigration bill cover them? The reason why I'm asking these questions is that the answer to tha latter question is yes, lots of international students will quit school on purpose hoping to become citizens through the new immigration law. Think about it: who would want to continue paying such high tuition when on the other hands, you got all these illegal immigrants being given the right to citizenship? I think this new immigration bill needs to address this issue clearly.

Is an illegal immigrant someone that entered the country illegally (say without a passport?). What about international students who enter the country legally but then stop attending school? Would they be considered illegal as well? If so, would the new immigration bill cover them? The reason why I'm asking these questions is that the answer to tha latter question is yes, lots of international students will quit school on purpose hoping to become citizens through the new immigration law. Think about it: who would want to continue paying such high tuition when on the other hands, you got all these illegal immigrants being given the right to citizenship? I think this new immigration bill needs to address this issue clearly.

Based on the proposed reform that is currently debated in congress, only EWI is eligible for Z-1 visa, that is, ones who sneaked across the border. Thus, international students or any other visa overstays will not be able to take advantage of the new law if enacted.

The term "illegal" is self explanatory. If you violate the law, then it's illegal. Not complying with legal rules and laws are considered illegal. An international student who violates his stay by not attending school as required in his visa has become illegal. An alien who violates his non-immigrant visa is an illegal.

Plain and Simple,without talking to much B.S. about it.

An Illigel alien is ANYONE that is in the United States,that is not suppose to be.

Examples. "came legally and never left" = You are illegally here and broke the law.

"U came,illegally here and are still illegal" you also are an Illegal alien that does not belong here nor has any rights to be here,also broke the law.

You are legally here with a student visa,but discontinue going to school.You become also illegal.Because you were ONLY allowed to be here to go anf finish school.The minute you stop going to school your visa actually becomes invalid,thus makes you illegal.

Any internation student who will quit school,will first of all never become citizens.

Listen,the bill does not nor will not make any illegal become a US citizen.All it will do is,give them the authorization to work.

In order to become a United States Citizen,is the still the same law and rules.

Firt YOU have to become a U.S. resident for 5 long years,without breaking any law.After 5 long years being lawful permanent U.S. resident.Then you can apply to become an American Citizen.
    But first you have to become a U.S. resident meaning,you have to gain a GreenCard,then be a greencard holder for 5 years,without breaking the law.And after 5 years u can apply to be a US citizen,after U pass the written,and verbal test.

Makes me sick how dumb people keep thinking,the new bill will make any illegal a US citizen...
    Al those illegal won't even become U.S. resident,aka greencard holders.They will just have a work permit.Thats it.

So tell you silly international students,they are out of luck,by stoping going to school.

The new bill will only cover those who were here before january 2007 and were all the time illegal.That does not apply to anyone who think "I will just become illegal and have it easy" won't work.
    And the new bill is maily to recignize the illegal working here from mexico...so if someone is an illegal from germany,england,france,switzerland...aint gonna be te same. lol

Besides any illegal still has to go home,pay a $5000 dollar fine and they reenter and then get a rork permit.Thats it.
    They will not get a greencard...and if they do,later in some years and then be a greencard holder for 5 full year,and then they can apply for citizenship.PERIOD!!!

Let's not attack these international students who might be in a tight situation. Some might be forced to stop school due to exorbitant tuition fees and other reasons beyond their control. If they still have valid visa, then can still apply for other type of visas or legalize their stay through other legal ways.

Lets put it this way.
    I can attack those international students all I want,if their goal is to quit school and become illegal to gain benefits from the new bill.Like I said the new bill will not apply to them,first off.

Macyuhoo,I am not sure if u are aware of this,but american students themself have already an exterem high cost to go to school and anyone with an I.Q. knows ANY I mean ANY international student who is allowed to come to the US and study is far from being poor or not having any money,this story might fly with dummies but we all know,in order to be even considered to study here you have to have big $$$.
    Thats a fact.

You got a point about American students also paying high tuition. My sister is still paying her student loan after so many years. But international students pay double and their authorization to work is restricted. As long as they are in legal status, why not be considerate and give them a chance to become part of our society later.

When asked in a new poll by New York Times/CBS News, should illegal immigrants be prosecuted and deported for being in the U.S. illegally, or shouldn't they? The response was staggering: 69% said they should be prosecuted and deported.

In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens. A confidential California Department of Justice study reported in 1995 that 60 percent of the 20,000-strong 18th Street Gang in southern California is illegal; police officers say the proportion is actually much greater. The bloody gang collaborates with the Mexican Mafia, the dominant force in California prisons, on complex drug-distribution schemes, extortion, and drive-by assassinations, and commits an assault or robbery every day in L.A. County. The gang has grown dramatically over the last two decades by recruiting recently arrived youngsters, most of them illegal, from Central America and Mexico.

http://www.lapdonline.org/all_most_wanted

All Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

John Mullaly a former NYPD homicide detective, estimates that 70 percent of the drug dealers and other criminals in Manhattan's Washington Heights were illegal. In New York City, "every high school has its Mexican gang," and most 12- to 14-year-olds have already joined, claims Ernesto Vega, an illegal 18-year-old Mexican. Such pathologies only worsen when the first lesson that immigrants learn about U.S. law is that Americans don't bother to enforce it.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/wanted.html
    NYPD - Official New York City Police Department Web Site

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fo/cgwanted.htm
    Chicago - Federal Bureau of Investigation's Most Wanted