50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: THAK YOU ALL

I just wanted everyone to know, we have found two co-sponsors. I am unable to sponsor my husband due to the fact I am a college student and my income is not enough. Our lawyer said to find a co-sponsor to help us out, we did. As far as someone supporting him for ten years, our lawyer says, that is not necessary. Once again thanks for all the advice.

I just wanted everyone to know, we have found two co-sponsors. I am unable to sponsor my husband due to the fact I am a college student and my income is not enough. Our lawyer said to find a co-sponsor to help us out, we did. As far as someone supporting him for ten years, our lawyer says, that is not necessary. Once again thanks for all the advice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinaNava:
    I just wanted everyone to know, we have found two co-sponsors. I am unable to sponsor my husband due to the fact I am a college student and my income is not enough. Our lawyer said to find a co-sponsor to help us out, we did. As far as someone supporting him for ten years, our lawyer says, that is not necessary. Once again thanks for all the advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Good Luck.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinaNava:
    I just wanted everyone to know, we have found two co-sponsors. I am unable to sponsor my husband due to the fact I am a college student and my income is not enough. Our lawyer said to find a co-sponsor to help us out, we did. As far as someone supporting him for ten years, our lawyer says, that is not necessary. Once again thanks for all the advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Luck, and I am sorry if I give you the wrong information, I thought that who ever signs the I-864, is responsible for you, for the next 10 years, i.e if you are out of work and need to go on welfare, the Government will come back on the sponsor,

Hi Tina

Congrats on finding co sponsers to help you out.

However, Your lawyer is misleading you and the people that signed to be his co sponser. Your sponsers and yourself are "on the hook" for approximately 10 years or in your case until husband becomes a citizen. Then your sponsers are freed from this obligation.

I dont know if you misunderstood what someone told you or not. No one has to support him for 10 years... He will have to work and support himself and you. But if for some reason , sickness, unforseen event.. SH*t does happen and if a means tested benefit is used, then the sponser is "on the hook" to repay whatever benefit was received.
    THIS is why it is so difficult to get someone to be a sponser/co sponser. An approved I-864 cannot be withdrawn!! Even if you would divorce down the road, The sponser is still responsible until alien is citizen or has 40 qtrs work to his credit.(approximately 10 years)

Example. Say he becomes unable to work. and the sponsers dont want to financially help him. He can take them to court and sue them for the support.

Now i HOPE nothing like this would happen, but just beware of the ramifications.

Best of Luck to you both