50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: US visa's issuance postponed in Russia

My fiance' applied for a US visa in Moscow on July 23, 2002. Although the visa was not refused, it's issuance was to be "delayed" for one week due to "technical difficulties", as were the visas of all other applicants there that day. The embassy recently reports the period of delay to be "unknown". Numerous attempts to determine the extent of the delay have been fruitless. Anyone have additional information or prediction as to how long the delay should take? I suspect we are caught in the revamping of the visa application process by the Homeland Security Dept., which could result in a significant delay.

My fiance' applied for a US visa in Moscow on July 23, 2002. Although the visa was not refused, it's issuance was to be "delayed" for one week due to "technical difficulties", as were the visas of all other applicants there that day. The embassy recently reports the period of delay to be "unknown". Numerous attempts to determine the extent of the delay have been fruitless. Anyone have additional information or prediction as to how long the delay should take? I suspect we are caught in the revamping of the visa application process by the Homeland Security Dept., which could result in a significant delay.

This subject has become a big discussion this week on the http://k1.exit.com page. You might find some good experiences there to help you. There appear to be a lot of folks with this same problem.

I believe we are in the same boat, my fiancee is also waitting for a visa since August 6, I have called numerous times to moscow and all I get is the same answers.
    I believe they are doing this with the intension to see if the relationship fail or the fiancee get discorage or we are in the middle of the swamp