50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Trying to maintain status

H1B valid until Aug 2007. Sponsor just fired me basically because new executive director didnt want to work with me, I have worked at this school for over 5 years, we have been here for 8 years. My kids aged 12 and 15 have only attended school here and we want to stay so I can continue to serve the poor in my city. Employer had just renewed H1B and we are 3 years into labor Certification they were supporting my Green Card application, I thought I had long term employment!
    I am a teacher working at a mission orientated religious school for poor boys in my city. Its non profit and small but I started school in Sept 2001 and built it up to where it is today! Another group (sponsors) want me to start a similar girls school but it will take maybe 6 months to set up and be able to sponsor me. I have an employer who would offer me teaching job in day care for interim.
    can anyone help with this mess?
    For those who are negative about illegals I am white, female, middle class from UK and I serve the poor community in my city as my mission in life working long hours for little pay. I want to help my mostly african american community to make a better life for themselves.

H1B valid until Aug 2007. Sponsor just fired me basically because new executive director didnt want to work with me, I have worked at this school for over 5 years, we have been here for 8 years. My kids aged 12 and 15 have only attended school here and we want to stay so I can continue to serve the poor in my city. Employer had just renewed H1B and we are 3 years into labor Certification they were supporting my Green Card application, I thought I had long term employment!
    I am a teacher working at a mission orientated religious school for poor boys in my city. Its non profit and small but I started school in Sept 2001 and built it up to where it is today! Another group (sponsors) want me to start a similar girls school but it will take maybe 6 months to set up and be able to sponsor me. I have an employer who would offer me teaching job in day care for interim.
    can anyone help with this mess?
    For those who are negative about illegals I am white, female, middle class from UK and I serve the poor community in my city as my mission in life working long hours for little pay. I want to help my mostly african american community to make a better life for themselves.

Why did you have to include your race?

I am sorry for your situation, technicaly you will be now out-of status even you have a valid visa until August 2007, if the new sponsor is also non-profit and apply for another H-1B status for you maybe you have a chance.
    You can ask info about H-1B at cristina@usimmigrationforall.com

All the best!
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CarlKani:
    Why did you have to include your race? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before joining I read many posted comments that were pretty ugly and all asumed that illegals were hispanic similar sponging off usa. There are many faces to illigals and many different reasons why we find ourselves in this position. I hate the race comments that are hurtful to generally good people just trying to lead a decent life and struggling against a monumentally flawed immigration system. I do not fit what would be the usual profile and wanted people to know that it can happen to anyone. I would just like the chance for my kids to stay in a country they have considered home for so long and where they have grown up.