50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: waiting for appointment letter

Please help me. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and are still going round and round with the immigration issues. To begin with, 3 years were wasted by an unethical attorney and then a private assistant, who ended up being deported himself!
    My husband's info has been forwarded to Mexico and we are waiting for an interview. Our new attorney said because our priority date was February 2004, it should only take 30-60 days and we could expect an appointment letter to go to Mexico for the interview. However, I just spoke with a worker in El Paso, Texas, who said priority dates don't mean anything and it would be at least 6 months, maybe a year, before we would get the letter.
    My husband went to Mexico in December of 2005 to attend his parents renewal of their marriage vows, which is custumary for the 25th anniversary. I don't know how much longer I can stand being away from him.
    Does anyone know anything about the waiting time?
    Also, 2 of my husband's relatives just arrived here from Mexico, illegally. They had no problems getting across the border. Should I tell my husband to come back illegally?
    Desperate in Virginia,
    Trish

Please help me. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and are still going round and round with the immigration issues. To begin with, 3 years were wasted by an unethical attorney and then a private assistant, who ended up being deported himself!
    My husband's info has been forwarded to Mexico and we are waiting for an interview. Our new attorney said because our priority date was February 2004, it should only take 30-60 days and we could expect an appointment letter to go to Mexico for the interview. However, I just spoke with a worker in El Paso, Texas, who said priority dates don't mean anything and it would be at least 6 months, maybe a year, before we would get the letter.
    My husband went to Mexico in December of 2005 to attend his parents renewal of their marriage vows, which is custumary for the 25th anniversary. I don't know how much longer I can stand being away from him.
    Does anyone know anything about the waiting time?
    Also, 2 of my husband's relatives just arrived here from Mexico, illegally. They had no problems getting across the border. Should I tell my husband to come back illegally?
    Desperate in Virginia,
    Trish

Hi Trish,

I assume your husband entered the USA without inspection (EWI), so he has to go through consular processing in Mexico and do the waiver.
    Check out:
    http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...?showforum=113
    the majority cases there are from Mexico, so you can learn some specific things including waiting times.

Your husband should NOT enter the US illegaly again (if that's what he did the first time). One time may be forgiven, but second time IS NOT.

Can you go and visit him from time to time?

aneri,
    yes, my husband did enter illegally but no one important knows that he went back. As far as immigration knows, he is still here in the u.s.
    i can go visit him, but meanwhile we are incurring heavy debt, since he was the main bread winner.
    i am just really depressed and disallusioned about this recent news concerning the time.
    i will go to the website that you mentioned, but do you know of any other things to do? could my congressman help me?
    trish

Do you want your future to be founded on a lay?

I can imagine it is hard for everybody involved, but that's a price to pay now so the two of you can have a fear-free future. You may think that "no one important would know about second re-entry", but how could you be sure? It is a grave mistake to lay to USCIS. It can back-fire many years from now; when you two are all settled, have a nice life and children..

You can ask your congressman for help if you find out that your petition is way out of normal processing times.

PLease do NOT have your husband come back to the US. It will ruin his chances of ever getting legal.

I also married an EWI. We are at the end of the process. It was a long tedious process. You can find a ton of people at different steps of the process at http://www.immigrate2us.net. There is a wealth of information about filing through Juarez there. Plus, there is a lot of emotional support from others in the same process. Go to the I-601 section.
    Have a nice day