50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: THe I-130 and I-129F sagga

OKay here is a puzzle and the person that can solve it will be nominated for the position of USCIS director!
    Currently, the I-129F for spouse is free with an I-130 application. GIven the fact that both applications take about the same time to process, why does the USCIS not eliminate the I-129F and use those resources to process the I-130 faster?

OKay here is a puzzle and the person that can solve it will be nominated for the position of USCIS director!
    Currently, the I-129F for spouse is free with an I-130 application. GIven the fact that both applications take about the same time to process, why does the USCIS not eliminate the I-129F and use those resources to process the I-130 faster?

Because, I think FRAUD MARRIAGES and Online Romances have USCIS priority... they go to the front of the line.

Meet TOTAL STRANGER...online, fly over to meet them in person and then have them here stateside in less than 3 months..

BRILLIANT...

I heard the 129F is "catching up" with i130 now so no real benefit to file that.
    "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Because I think there'd be an outcry if they actually admitted they were eliminating it.

From our experience filing it (before the fee changes, so we paid!), it seems they pretty much ignored it in favour of processing the I-130.

The I-130 was approved and sent to the NVC three months after filing. 6 months later, we got a request for more evidence on the I-29F. By the time that request came through, we were getting towards the end of the NVC road. We were at the last step before the file was sent to the Consulate here in NZ. Hardly any point continuing with the I-29F when we'd already paid all the associated fees for the IR1 and were getting to the end.

Ironically, the same evidence was sent with both applications. We never got a request for more evidence on the I-130 - not even when it switched to an IR1.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch