ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page


Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Make us Homepage

Questions/Comments


SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily


Chinese Immig. Daily




The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 277

Thread: Temporary to Permanent Residency?

  1. #1
    Hi,

    Has anybody that you're aware of ever filed to change his/her status from Temporary Resident granted under INA 245a (CSS/Lulac)?

    If so, how long did the USCIS took to adjucate his/her I-698 application?

    I'm in the process of filing for such adjustment but I'm not quite sure what to expect or how the process works.

    Thanks,

    Freedom1.

  2. #2
    Hi,

    Has anybody that you're aware of ever filed to change his/her status from Temporary Resident granted under INA 245a (CSS/Lulac)?

    If so, how long did the USCIS took to adjucate his/her I-698 application?

    I'm in the process of filing for such adjustment but I'm not quite sure what to expect or how the process works.

    Thanks,

    Freedom1.

  3. #3
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freedom1:
    Hi,

    Has anybody that you're aware of ever filed to change his/her status from Temporary Resident granted under INA 245a (CSS/Lulac)?

    If so, how long did the USCIS took to adjucate his/her I-698 application?

    I'm in the process of filing for such adjustment but I'm not quite sure what to expect or how the process works.

    Thanks,

    Freedom1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Freedom-1.. you were waiting for any reply from ICE on the other forum a few days ago- and now you are in process of applying I698?

  4. #4
    Yes, Han123.

    My CSS application was approved last week.
    I received my card valid for 4 years.
    They also send me the approval letter were it says that I need apply for permanent residency after or on the 19th month from the date my I-687 was received by the USCIS.

    It looks like the people on this forum that got their I-687 approved have not applied for their permanent residency, or they just never bother to come back to this forum.

    Do you mind telling me on what other forum you saw my post?
    I would like to update it.

    Thanks,

    Freedom1.

  5. #5
    i saw it in the other forum. apparantly it was few days/week old.
    Congratulations. Your approval gave me hope as well. i recieved a letter "intent of denial" and sent some documents in reply. Got my interview on september 26th in baltimore. Can you please tell me when was your interview and if theres a specific time it takes to get a reply from them after the interview?

    Again, Congratulations.

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Han123:
    i saw it in the other forum. apparantly it was few days/week old.
    Congratulations. Your approval gave me hope as well. i recieved a letter "intent of denial" and sent some documents in reply. Got my interview on september 26th in baltimore. Can you please tell me when was your interview and if theres a specific time it takes to get a reply from them after the interview?

    Again, Congratulations.

    Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Thanks Han123,

    The approval took about 3 months after my interview, but I was not served with an intent of denial letter. The interview took place in Los Angeles. I know other people that had their interviews here in L.A. as well and they still waiting. I guess every case is different.

    Freedom1.

  7. #7
    Hi Freedom1.What kind a card did you receive? Was it a work permit or the I-688?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freedom1:
    Yes, Han123.

    My CSS application was approved last week.
    I received my card valid for 4 years.
    They also send me the approval letter were it says that I need apply for permanent residency after or on the 19th month from the date my I-687 was received by the USCIS.

    It looks like the people on this forum that got their I-687 approved have not applied for their permanent residency, or they just never bother to come back to this forum.

    Do you mind telling me on what other forum you saw my post?
    I would like to update it.

    Thanks,

    Freedom1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

  8. #8
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rgm:
    Hi Freedom1.What kind a card did you receive? Was it a work permit or the I-688?[QUOTE]

    It was an EAD valid for 4 years with the words "Valid for Re-Entry"
    They also sent me an approval notice on form I-797C with my picture on it.
    The letter says that I need this letter and my EAD to gain entry back to the USA.
    It also says that during my temporary residency, I can not travel outside the USA for more than 30 days at one time and no more than 90 days total.
    The USCIS no longer offers form I-688.

    Have you received your approval yet?

    Freedom1.

  9. #9
    Thank You Freedom1. That's exactly what I've got. I called the USCIS and nobody could tell me if I would get the I-688 or not.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freedom1:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rgm:
    Hi Freedom1.What kind a card did you receive? Was it a work permit or the I-688?[QUOTE]

    It was an EAD valid for 4 years with the words "Valid for Re-Entry"
    They also sent me an approval notice on form I-797C with my picture on it.
    The letter says that I need this letter and my EAD to gain entry back to the USA.
    It also says that during my temporary residency, I can not travel outside the USA for more than 30 days at one time and no more than 90 days total.
    The USCIS no longer offers form I-688.

    Have you received your approval yet?

    Freedom1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

  10. #10
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rgm:
    Thank You Freedom1. That's exactly what I've got. I called the USCIS and nobody could tell me if I would get the I-688 or not.[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freedom1:
    [QUOTE]

    Hi rgm, congrats on your approval as well.

    Are you planning or have you filed I-698 to adjust to Permanent Resident?

    I'll be filling soon.

    I'm wondering, since it say that an interview will be required, what do they ask you during this interview. I know we must prove that we understand and speak English plus government/civics, but that's all I know.

    It's hard to believe that no one on this forum knows of anybody that have adjusted to permanent residency after CSS/Lulac approval...

    Freedom1.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
  2. Traveling abroad while on Temporary Residency. CSS/Lulac.
    By Freedom1 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM
  3. Permanent residency?
    By cecil_88 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 10:33 AM
  4. Please help: my ex got permanent residency through me..
    By imsad in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
  5. Temporary Permanent Resident
    By kbb80 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: