50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: engaged to an illegal alien

Hi! I just got engaged to my boyfriend from el salvador. He is fixing to graduate high school and i am 22 and he is 19. He is here illegally. He came here to visit on a tourist visa 3 years ago and overstayed since. Just recently he realized that it is a problem. Before that, he never knew that him staying here with his family would come back to haunt him. His passport is not expired yet. Does anyone know what we have to do to get his papers. We both realize that it is not going to be that easy, but we love each other so much that we will do anything. What kinds of problems may come up? Will he have to leave the USA for a long time for any reason? we are trying to get this stuff fixed before more time passes. Will us marrying each other have anything positive that will help him from being sent away like he was single? Please, offer thoughtful and mature feedback. These times that we are going through are really worrying us but like I mentioned, we are meant to be and nothing will change that. Thank you!

TEXAS

Hi! I just got engaged to my boyfriend from el salvador. He is fixing to graduate high school and i am 22 and he is 19. He is here illegally. He came here to visit on a tourist visa 3 years ago and overstayed since. Just recently he realized that it is a problem. Before that, he never knew that him staying here with his family would come back to haunt him. His passport is not expired yet. Does anyone know what we have to do to get his papers. We both realize that it is not going to be that easy, but we love each other so much that we will do anything. What kinds of problems may come up? Will he have to leave the USA for a long time for any reason? we are trying to get this stuff fixed before more time passes. Will us marrying each other have anything positive that will help him from being sent away like he was single? Please, offer thoughtful and mature feedback. These times that we are going through are really worrying us but like I mentioned, we are meant to be and nothing will change that. Thank you!

TEXAS

You mentioned that he entered on a tourist visa. If you're a USC he won't have any problems adjusting status while in the U.S. His illegal overstay will be pardoned by the CIS. Log on to http://uscis.gov and read up on the forms and filing procedures.

Cheers.

The most important thing to remember is he should not leave until you guys have gotten married and have gotten his papers. If he leaves and tries to get another visa he risks being denied since he overstayed and if he comes back illegally his chances at receiving anything are slim, so get married and apply a.s.a.p