publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: A Brazilian man and American woman want to get married!!

Helllo All...
    I'll try not to bore you with our love story, but we need your help. My fiance and I met about five years ago this November and are certain we want to spend the rest of our lives together. My boyfriend is in this country illegally. He entered with a visa 7 1/2 yrs ago and has been here ever since.

His Father,(U.S Citizen)natualized his other siblings,(1995 or so) but for some reason his paper work never resulted in anything. Until recently he received a letter title "Notice of termination of Registration" It says, "application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated within 1 yr (notice date 3/4/2007) if you can establish that your failure to persue your immigrant visa [section 203(g)] application was due to circumstances beyond your control",and gives a case #.

His Father is in Argentina and said he never recieved any type of paperwork. My fiance was a permanent resident for about 8 yrs when young but his father took them to Argentina and never came back.

We have been living together for about 4 yrs and want to get married soon but we want to make sure we are doing things the best way.

My fiance is 45 yrs old and is currently working, does not have any type of diseases and has never been in trouble with the law. As a matter of fact he does not drive because he does not want to drive w/o a license (he's amazing).

I guess we want to know what our first step is?
    Does he pursue immigration through his father?
    Will he be deported??
    Do we get married and start the process?
    Will he be sent back to Brazil as rumor has it?
    Do we need an attorney, if so does anyone know
    of a good attorney near Los Angeles?

Thank you in advance,
    you have no idea what your advice will mean to us!!!

Helllo All...
    I'll try not to bore you with our love story, but we need your help. My fiance and I met about five years ago this November and are certain we want to spend the rest of our lives together. My boyfriend is in this country illegally. He entered with a visa 7 1/2 yrs ago and has been here ever since.

His Father,(U.S Citizen)natualized his other siblings,(1995 or so) but for some reason his paper work never resulted in anything. Until recently he received a letter title "Notice of termination of Registration" It says, "application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated within 1 yr (notice date 3/4/2007) if you can establish that your failure to persue your immigrant visa [section 203(g)] application was due to circumstances beyond your control",and gives a case #.

His Father is in Argentina and said he never recieved any type of paperwork. My fiance was a permanent resident for about 8 yrs when young but his father took them to Argentina and never came back.

We have been living together for about 4 yrs and want to get married soon but we want to make sure we are doing things the best way.

My fiance is 45 yrs old and is currently working, does not have any type of diseases and has never been in trouble with the law. As a matter of fact he does not drive because he does not want to drive w/o a license (he's amazing).

I guess we want to know what our first step is?
    Does he pursue immigration through his father?
    Will he be deported??
    Do we get married and start the process?
    Will he be sent back to Brazil as rumor has it?
    Do we need an attorney, if so does anyone know
    of a good attorney near Los Angeles?

Thank you in advance,
    you have no idea what your advice will mean to us!!!

1. As an overstay, he wouldn't be able to adjust his status based on his USC fathers petition, nor would he qualify for any type of hardship waiver since his dad is in Argentina.

2. If you are seriously committed to each other and want to marry you can do so.
    In case you do, you may also file I-130/I-485 (and other required forms).
    IV is immediately available for spouses of USC's and he'll be able to do AOS despite his overstay (because you are a USC).

Good luck

Thank u Davdah and RationalE
    Your words are very encouraging. For a minute I thought we'd have to start a new life in Brazil. Well, looks like we will be marrying soon wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Would it be okay to get married Las Vegas style or it would it be better by a priest. We were thinking Vegas first a yr from now our big Dream wedding. Does that even matter? Thank you all soooo much!!!!!
    muahhh

Con e, I am in the same situation with a Brazilian man who is illegal. Did you find help yet?

Kerri, although you are in the same situation in meeting a man from Brazil, everything else is different, Con e's man entered with a visa, so it is pretty smooth running for her,

Your man entered without inspection, so it's not so straight forward.