50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: b2 visa for cohabitation purposes

Can anyone please explain to me why I had my visa revoked 212 (a) ( 7) (A) (i) (I)
    I was issued a B2 visa with annotation accompanying L1 visa partner with the same dates as his visa... I have entered and left the US 6 times in the last 22 months with my partner and stayed in 3 states.
    The officer told me I had abused my visa privilege because the B2 is only for short visits of no more than 30 days and for 2 or 3 times a year and that that unmarried people had no rights to be with their partner, although the embassy in London said this was what my visa was for.
    I though I might have done something wrong because I am on the Texas border for last 7 months and got an FM3 to work in Mexico but they told me there was no problem with this as it was not in America (and that the FM3 was the only thing stopping them from having to put me into a detention center)
    I was not asked anything about when I was going home, my partner resumes work in the UK June 2008 and we get married the end of June. I have flights home at Christmas and in June 2008. They just kept saying I abused my visa status. I asked if I could go into US and get my personal belongings and fly home but was threatened with the deportation center again.
    I do not know what to do now, I am ok about going home, my worry is that I now have something really bad against my name, I was told it they would cut me a deal and punishment would be no entry for 1 year. I have no need to enter in a year as my partner will be home in UK by then. The irony is I was desperate to get home to my old life, but not under these circumstances. I would really appreciate some advice

Can anyone please explain to me why I had my visa revoked 212 (a) ( 7) (A) (i) (I)
    I was issued a B2 visa with annotation accompanying L1 visa partner with the same dates as his visa... I have entered and left the US 6 times in the last 22 months with my partner and stayed in 3 states.
    The officer told me I had abused my visa privilege because the B2 is only for short visits of no more than 30 days and for 2 or 3 times a year and that that unmarried people had no rights to be with their partner, although the embassy in London said this was what my visa was for.
    I though I might have done something wrong because I am on the Texas border for last 7 months and got an FM3 to work in Mexico but they told me there was no problem with this as it was not in America (and that the FM3 was the only thing stopping them from having to put me into a detention center)
    I was not asked anything about when I was going home, my partner resumes work in the UK June 2008 and we get married the end of June. I have flights home at Christmas and in June 2008. They just kept saying I abused my visa status. I asked if I could go into US and get my personal belongings and fly home but was threatened with the deportation center again.
    I do not know what to do now, I am ok about going home, my worry is that I now have something really bad against my name, I was told it they would cut me a deal and punishment would be no entry for 1 year. I have no need to enter in a year as my partner will be home in UK by then. The irony is I was desperate to get home to my old life, but not under these circumstances. I would really appreciate some advice

INA Sec. 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) - Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission. ... who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by this Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the regulations issued by the Attorney General...

B1/B2 are the most readily issued and cheapest visa classes, but their downside is that they're the weakest types - with very limited privileges and applications. The opinion of the DOS at visa issuance doesn't always coincide with that of the DHS during admission.

The best thing for you to do is to enter into the offered deal with a "without prejudice request" to future visa application. Then marry your boyfriend and apply for an L-2 visa after the ban.

thanks for the reply. I have spoken to my partner's lawyer who says the decision was totally incorrect. I was stopped at the Brownsville border and I do not think they deal much with Brits or any Europeans. I have no interest in returning to the US, I just want to sort out the fact that my B2 was issued for cohabitation so I have not done anything wrong. I think I have to wait about 8 weeks for the London consulate to receive the paperwork from them, then hopefully the lawyer will be able to sort something out.By the time I do get married we will be very happily back on Scottish soil, and staying put. It has just been a really horrible experience that I never thought I would go through.

I forgot but this is the explanation given the "OR II" is what applied to me (I was having difficulty undestanding till I saw the OR)

(I) who is not in possession of a valid unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by this Act, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality if such document is required under the regulations issued by the Attorney General under section 211(a), or

(II) whose visa has been issued without compliance with the provisions of section 203, is inadmissible.