publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: QUESTION- I-130 processing time?

Can someone tell me where I can find accurate information on the current processing time for I-130, K-3 visas? I live in NY. My wife lives in Colombia.

I was told that it will take one year! Is this so and if so, what is being done about it by USCIS? Thank you for your help! -Rich

Can someone tell me where I can find accurate information on the current processing time for I-130, K-3 visas? I live in NY. My wife lives in Colombia.

I was told that it will take one year! Is this so and if so, what is being done about it by USCIS? Thank you for your help! -Rich

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fire000:

I was told that it will take one year! Is this so and if so, what is being done about it by USCIS? Thank you for your help! -Rich </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This link takes you straight to the answer. Just need to know which service center you submitted the I-130.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Did not submit the I-130 yet, still gathering the papers, that's why I asked how long is it taking approx. Thanks.

actually the i-130 is taking about 6 months to be processed,,but ur looking about 1 year from start to finish,,, bcoz uscis takes almost 6 months and then the national visa center takes about 3-4 months and the embassy will take bout 1 or 2 months to set up the interview for her .. so i will say all together will be one year,,bu this is if everything is ok ,,sometimes it takes longer and sometimes less ,,,u never know ..just make sure u put everything together on one time ,,,no messing documents ,,no mistakes on the forms either.. good luck

and by the way.. ur very welcome ..we always welcome the new members on this forum ..take care

Thank you for the information, and the welcome.

I did call USCIS and the said in June it would be done then about one month in the Visa center, then the embassy. Her estimate was 8-10 months. We will see. I am putting together everything with utmost care yes. -Rich

ur welcome ,,and by the way .dont believe what those guys have told u , the ppl at the 800# are not the real immigration, just contracter's who work for the immigration and they know nothing about immigration law's ..they use a hand book to give information and 70% of all times they give the wrong answers.. as i said previously, just make sure everything goes on one time,,no mistakes, no messing documnts , bcoz u dont want any delays. and the national visa center takes 3-4 months to process for the cr-1 case... never was 1 month .. but hopefuly man ,,i wish u good luck

i think they got confused between the i-29f and the i-130 . the i-129f (k-3) takes about 1 month at the NVC .. not the i-130