50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am determined to become a U.S. Citizen.

Hi everybody.

I am an illegal alien, and I am sick and tired of all the **** the anti-immigration people is talking about us. I am not a rocket scientist nor do I want to be one. But I am smart enough to know what's been going on, and I intend to show the other side of the story of what people say.

First of all, I am not trying to excuse myself for what I did. I know what I did is wrong, but maybe after all I have to say you may have a better idea of what me and a lot of other immigrants like me go through everyday.

I never crossed any borders illegally. I overstayed my visa. "Why did you overstay your visa? If you wanted to immigrate, why didn't you apply for it?" I wanted to live in the United States for quite some time. Every person I know that tried to get a visa to IMMIGRATE to the U.S. got their visas DENIED. I was so scared to try and get myself a visa that would allow me to immigrate to the U.S. that I chose to get a Tourist visa. Which was way easier to get, but don't get me wrong, even that was hard.

After a non-sense interview in the U.S. consulate in my country I got my visa. I came to the U.S. legally, and overstayed. But life teaches you many things. My dream is to become a U.S. Marine, I have tried many times to go there and join, but they don't sponsor people. I do speak, write, and read English with no problems. I finished my high school, but I retook my high school here. I met many illegal aliens, from my country and other countries. Many of them just crossed the border through Mexico, and a FEW of them were in my situation (overstayed).

Many of those people that tried to come here LEGALLY, but their visas were turned down by the consulate back in their countries. We DO try to come here legally, but the consulate only wants the best people to come to America, people that graduate from college, rich people and such. I do understand that when somebody goes to get their visas in the consulate, the American Consul really doesn't know what that person is up to, if he is really gonna do what he's saying he's gonna do. And I also believe they deal with people asking to immigrate to the U.S. everyday.

Well, coming to America was not easy. I came from a poor family, with low resources. We are poor, but we have dignity. We had our little house, we didn't starve. It was hard to save for my plane ticket, and the money to start in America. I came here with 499 dollars in my pocket. The beginning is always hard, specially for people like me, who came here with no English, trying to make a life in another culture.

Every job I ever had in America, I paid taxes. Social Security, Federal, and all those taxes they deduct from our checks. Do I know people that try to beat the system everyday so they don't have to pay taxes? YES, but I was not one of them. It was 0 dependents everytime. And believe me, there are a LOT of people that do the same thing as I do. Every year of these 5 years I've been here in America, I went to an H&R Block and I filed my taxes. So please don't ever say that we (as in EVERY immigrant) don't pay our taxes. There are some that don't pay, but there are some that DO pay and I am one of them.

I never asked for welfare, or any unemployment benefits. We take **** from every employer because we know that if we lose that job, we won't find another anytime soon. We have no choice. This is the land of the free, and yet we can't even find another job. Understandable when we consider the immigration status. I did understand it and I always took **** from my employers and yet I could give you all my employment history and they'd give you good references. I always gave my best to every job I had.

Now, when you guys say that we take american jobs... We really don't do. If there is an immigrant qualified for that X job, and an american can't fill that vacancy, we should analyze why americans can't fill that job but an immigrant could. I am an immigrant, I have my bachelor's degree in Computer Science. And I know that there are many americans with the same degree that do get the job over immigrants. But also there are many lazy americans that don't pursue their education, and complain all the time that an immigrant get his/her job. Think about that for a second!

Now, you guys forget also that we get here. We have no rights to have a Drivers License, and Social Security. I know people from all over that are living in my country illegally and they have social security, and drivers licenses. They don't have permission to work, but we even help some people sometimes. Some americans think we're criminals because we don't have a Drivers License or Social. We're just trying to survive.

I came to the U.S., I love this country, I do understand what I did is wrong. But that doesn't stop me from trying to be what I want to be, for the good of this country. If I was to have my papers right now, I'd probably be in Iraq. Am I pro this war? No. But it is my dream to be in the military, and serve this country like any american.

Now let's hear what you haters have to say. Supporters will be with me for sure!

Best Regards to all!

Hi everybody.

I am an illegal alien, and I am sick and tired of all the **** the anti-immigration people is talking about us. I am not a rocket scientist nor do I want to be one. But I am smart enough to know what's been going on, and I intend to show the other side of the story of what people say.

First of all, I am not trying to excuse myself for what I did. I know what I did is wrong, but maybe after all I have to say you may have a better idea of what me and a lot of other immigrants like me go through everyday.

I never crossed any borders illegally. I overstayed my visa. "Why did you overstay your visa? If you wanted to immigrate, why didn't you apply for it?" I wanted to live in the United States for quite some time. Every person I know that tried to get a visa to IMMIGRATE to the U.S. got their visas DENIED. I was so scared to try and get myself a visa that would allow me to immigrate to the U.S. that I chose to get a Tourist visa. Which was way easier to get, but don't get me wrong, even that was hard.

After a non-sense interview in the U.S. consulate in my country I got my visa. I came to the U.S. legally, and overstayed. But life teaches you many things. My dream is to become a U.S. Marine, I have tried many times to go there and join, but they don't sponsor people. I do speak, write, and read English with no problems. I finished my high school, but I retook my high school here. I met many illegal aliens, from my country and other countries. Many of them just crossed the border through Mexico, and a FEW of them were in my situation (overstayed).

Many of those people that tried to come here LEGALLY, but their visas were turned down by the consulate back in their countries. We DO try to come here legally, but the consulate only wants the best people to come to America, people that graduate from college, rich people and such. I do understand that when somebody goes to get their visas in the consulate, the American Consul really doesn't know what that person is up to, if he is really gonna do what he's saying he's gonna do. And I also believe they deal with people asking to immigrate to the U.S. everyday.

Well, coming to America was not easy. I came from a poor family, with low resources. We are poor, but we have dignity. We had our little house, we didn't starve. It was hard to save for my plane ticket, and the money to start in America. I came here with 499 dollars in my pocket. The beginning is always hard, specially for people like me, who came here with no English, trying to make a life in another culture.

Every job I ever had in America, I paid taxes. Social Security, Federal, and all those taxes they deduct from our checks. Do I know people that try to beat the system everyday so they don't have to pay taxes? YES, but I was not one of them. It was 0 dependents everytime. And believe me, there are a LOT of people that do the same thing as I do. Every year of these 5 years I've been here in America, I went to an H&R Block and I filed my taxes. So please don't ever say that we (as in EVERY immigrant) don't pay our taxes. There are some that don't pay, but there are some that DO pay and I am one of them.

I never asked for welfare, or any unemployment benefits. We take **** from every employer because we know that if we lose that job, we won't find another anytime soon. We have no choice. This is the land of the free, and yet we can't even find another job. Understandable when we consider the immigration status. I did understand it and I always took **** from my employers and yet I could give you all my employment history and they'd give you good references. I always gave my best to every job I had.

Now, when you guys say that we take american jobs... We really don't do. If there is an immigrant qualified for that X job, and an american can't fill that vacancy, we should analyze why americans can't fill that job but an immigrant could. I am an immigrant, I have my bachelor's degree in Computer Science. And I know that there are many americans with the same degree that do get the job over immigrants. But also there are many lazy americans that don't pursue their education, and complain all the time that an immigrant get his/her job. Think about that for a second!

Now, you guys forget also that we get here. We have no rights to have a Drivers License, and Social Security. I know people from all over that are living in my country illegally and they have social security, and drivers licenses. They don't have permission to work, but we even help some people sometimes. Some americans think we're criminals because we don't have a Drivers License or Social. We're just trying to survive.

I came to the U.S., I love this country, I do understand what I did is wrong. But that doesn't stop me from trying to be what I want to be, for the good of this country. If I was to have my papers right now, I'd probably be in Iraq. Am I pro this war? No. But it is my dream to be in the military, and serve this country like any american.

Now let's hear what you haters have to say. Supporters will be with me for sure!

Best Regards to all!

that's always the battlecry for these anti-immigrationist' why can't you come legally like our ancestors?" .They don't know that there are almost no visa to get unless you're in an elite profession. And if their ancestors try to immigrate nowadays believe me none of them will qualify also,that is just the brutal truth of the system.

they go hating on this hardworking people while the lazy *** americans just sit on their butt collecting welfare checks everyday. and some people actually think that these same lazy ********s will do the work if all illegals are deported.

Go to school. It's never too late to go to school and as a illegal you might be even able to get resident tution in some states, like NY. Once you are done with a high demanding degree you do not have to stay in USA. in Any where in this world you are welcomed. Getting a degree and working full time is not as hard as you are thinking. I know hundreds of peopl did while they also paid their tution by themselves. But in the mean while you have to support your family back home ( if you have any) a little less. You can not have everything together.

And for every single John Bosh out there, how many illegals didn't pay their taxes/collect welfare/have their children goes to school on taxpayers's expense/etc? Illegals are mostly low income earner who're subsidized by the rest of the taxpayers. There's a reason why California's hospital are straining and folding under financial pressure.

So let's scapegoat Bosh for the sake of the "other" illegals, don't you think , marmaduk?

Seriously, I commend the OP!

Bosh, I would suggest you to try joining Marines as you want to - go to the recruitment center and tell how it is and that you want to join.
    I don't know if you can, and I don't know how others do, but I know that the law exists that would permit you to become US Citizen upon Honorable discharge for service during wartime, even if you join and serve as illegal.
    So, give it a try.

Otherwise, be prepared for Grand Tsunami and Hurricane that will sweep through immigrant communities soon, probably after November elections of this year.
    It will last for a while but majority of illegals will stay anyway.
    If you are not one of the unlucky ones who will certainly be deported, then you will also witness and benefit from the sweeping amnesty that will follow.

You can then fulfil your dream, join Marines and ,hopefully, one day attain high position in Military to serve this Great Nation to the Best you can.

Wish you best of luck,

IE

Someone12
    the OP is just trying to justify his irresponsibility and lack of respect for our laws.....listen to his whining...."I know what I did was wrong...."well, $hit for brains, if you really knew and understood this, GO HOME. We don't need dirtbags who only want to obey certain rules. LEAVE.

John Bosh, make babies, a LOT OF babies , while in US !!!

If you are eventually deported, make sure they are raised to know the cause, that you were good man, that you were ready to give your life for this country but there were people like Someone12 wouldn't care much..

Make sure your children grow up to VOTE !!!!!!!!!
    To VOTE against those whom Someone12 would vote for !!!!!!!!

If 12 million (by some estimates 20 million !) illegals succeed in making 40 million US born USC babies - that's 40 million USC VOTERS in only 18 years from now, and THEY WILL REMEMBER WHAT THEIR PARENTS WENT THROUGH.

Regards,

IE

Nah, this one isn't a screenplay - this one is for REAL !

hmmmm...

Putting the cart before the horse..
    Well John you have to become a LPR before you reach for that citizenship my man. BTW where did you get your soc sec... or is it fake/somebody elses? and wny didnt you come here on H-visa if you have degree?

sportsfan

"and some people actually think that these same lazy ********s will do the work if all illegals are deported.

They will do the work for the proper amount of money that is required to do such a job. And they will get their worth becuase they will not be anybody to undermine the income that they should be receiving. Illegals have undermined the wage progress in this country.

ACP says:
    "Go to school. It's never too late to go to school and as a illegal you might be even able to get resident tution in some states,"

Read a little closer ACP.. claims he has his degree. but thanks for the tip .. illegals can get residenet tuition in some states. Why??????

:If 12 million (by some estimates 20 million !) illegals succeed in making 40 million US born USC babies - that's 40 million USC VOTERS in only 18 years from now, and THEY WILL REMEMBER WHAT THEIR PARENTS WENT THROUGH"

AF .. I guess Aliba was right. glad to see you agree.

Ip
    John, care to leave your phone number?

(937)-426-455-3425
    yep Iam ILL EGAL
    perhaps you want to assist him in this baby venture.