Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background Check

Hi Friends,
    Just a week ago I changed jobs and my new company SEARS told me that they would do a background check, credit-check, and Drug test (of course everything was okay and Negative since I got the job) .My question is how different is this background check from the one FBI is doing. I mean I gave my FBI Fingerprints like 2 months ago and still no AOS interview yet is it the backlog or Job background checks are just US states and not world. Just wondering that is all.Thank you so much for your answers.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    Just a week ago I changed jobs and my new company SEARS told me that they would do a background check, credit-check, and Drug test (of course everything was okay and Negative since I got the job) .My question is how different is this background check from the one FBI is doing. I mean I gave my FBI Fingerprints like 2 months ago and still no AOS interview yet is it the backlog or Job background checks are just US states and not world. Just wondering that is all.Thank you so much for your answers.

Raju

Sears will check your criminal background against a state database and thats about it. They may check your credit. Its nothing much

First of all, CIS conducts FOUR separate background checks. Fingerprinting is just one of them and will generally provide results within 1-2 weeks (it's the easiest of the four). This is not what is keeping your case from being scheduled. Your case will be scheduled when it is time for your case to be scheduled. Fingerprint results are good for 15 months so I'm guessing they have some time to schedule you.

Hi Julie,
    Thank you so much for the response. Personally I believe sears must have done background check in the whole US but that is just what I think. Anyway thank you.
    Raju
    Hi BronzeLady,
    Thank you so much for your response. What I would like to know is how did you know that the FBI/CIS does 4 separate background checks?. Just a question you know. I just hope and wish that my case would go a bit faster that is all. Thank you.
    Raju

Every time CIS institutes a new background check they put out policy memos about it.....I've counted to four.

Does FBI background check for Canadian immigration purposes include US immigration status check or not?

I'm not sure I understand the question but if you are asking if someone else has already run it will CIS use theirs the answer is no. CIS always runs their own checks no matter what someone else may have already done. Besides the cost of the checks is incorporated in the fees you pay.....that's why CIS has announced that the fees will be going up (to cover the cost of the additional checks they are doing post-9/11).

Hi BronzeLady,
    Once again thank you so much for your reply. Okay so one is Finger-prints (which I gave FBI 2 months ago) so what are the other three background checks i have to wait for? Thank you.

Raju

Maria, are you wanting to know if Canada will check to see what your immigration status (to see if you are in or out of status, etc) is in the US if you elect to move there? If so, you may have to visit a Canadian immigration site.