free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE ramps up worksite enforcement

Maybe Chertoff wasn't messing around when he was touting his SBI, and interior enforcement initiatives. I saw a report on the news about how 1,700 new border patrol agents were being trained and should be in action by the end of the year. KBR also landed that big contract for more detention space. I came across this article this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041501049.html

Maybe DHS is finally getting serious about enforcing the law.

Maybe Chertoff wasn't messing around when he was touting his SBI, and interior enforcement initiatives. I saw a report on the news about how 1,700 new border patrol agents were being trained and should be in action by the end of the year. KBR also landed that big contract for more detention space. I came across this article this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041501049.html

Maybe DHS is finally getting serious about enforcing the law.

FINALLY!!!

There is an immigration-related article in today's New York Times. It would appear that lawmakers are beginning to really feel the heat from their constituents (Americans, not irrelevant illegal aliens)...who are furious at the prospect of amnesty.

Apparently, the Mexican-flag-waving tantrums had the desired effect, as lawmakers reported a "backlash" from their constituents who were unfuriated - as was I - at the display of the foreign flags.

This specific article that you are talking about is irrelevant, specially when you have brand new polls suggesting 67% of the american public supports comprehensive immigration..What do you have to say about this.

You fail to pay attention to the polls, but you want to point out to an article that quotes a few bigots?? plus this article was also about the hispanic community getting mad about bigots scapegoating them,Stating that even legal latinoes feels the pressure to support their illegal brothers and sisters because they feel the bigots are attacking all latinoes with racial slurs, not just illegals.

We can expect to be making a trip to the local DMV sometime next year as the REAL ID Act starts to take hold. It was signed into law in 2005 and the database should be up and running by mid 2007. I've read that a lot of states are already gearing up for it and those that are opposing it are getting muscled by the Feds who are threatening to cut off some of their funding if they don't comply. Getting them where it hurts. The ACLU is up in arms about it.

One of the provisions is that all applicants provide proof of legal status in order to get the new biometric ID's / drivers licenses. You can probably see where they are going with this as far as employment verification and law enforcement. It's safe to say it's the National ID.

I'm kinda begining to think the Feds are getting serious.

Out here in CA the big talk is about the drivers license for illegals bill. Will schwarzenegger sign it? He really doesn't have anything to lose if he does since the law will be worthless once we shift over to the new REAL ID standards.

final notes, anyone that has a single brain cell inside heir head, would understand that any immigration bill that passes WILL NEVER DO ENFORCEMENT-ONLY.The american people understand that you cant do one whyle leaving the other and the polls suggest this greatly

Foxnews posted those same polls that ive been showing you guys, so i guest those polls are legit.

Those lawmakers shouldnt feel any pressure from anti-immigration groups like FAIR, minute-men and others spamming their emails and answer machine with messages....all those emails and phone calls are being made by the same people...those people do not represent the american people...It is a known facts that FAIR spams lawmakers emails addresses with racist slurs...those arent the american people sentiment.

Good news.

1. More worksite enforcement - the higher the level of deportations and associated costs - sooner the amnesty will be enacted.

2. Momentum is slowly but inevitably changing - in favor of immigrants.
    Usually, that's when reactionary forces get most active. These are the times when for some brief period immigrants will be subject to mass "scapegoating".

3. DHS Secretary Chertoff deserves respect and honor - he is very intelligent man with balanced and careful approach.

troll2005,

You need to lay off the Mickey Mouse polls. Here take a look at a real poll and make up your own mind:

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1100

Apparently the facts are way over your head. With all the action that the DHS and ICE are taking now they probably won't need to pass ANY new laws to control immigration. As for the "guest-worker" program, I've already posted on the backdoor program that got signed by Global Horizons, the UFW, and the AFL-CIO. All the Feds need to do now is increase the caps for that visa and bingo.

Jean2005: I'm not sure what poll you're reading, but it sure doesn't seem very likely. All legitimate polls show that the American people, by a very large margin, are opposed to amnesty for illegal aliens (Univision polls are NOT legitimate lol).

If you believe that Americans are bigots, why don't you go home to your own country? Simply because a person disagrees with your point-of-view doesn't make them a bigot. It really is very tiring to hear you retread that word in every one of your posts.

First of all..this little poll that you pulled is not legit..i dont trust anti-immigration polls.

The los-angeles time/blooberg media..are much more legit then the ones you are displaying...Not only did the los angeles times and blooberg media polled favored numbers for comprehensive immigration, but the washingtonpost and times-magazine teamed up and polled similar numbers..

Now tell me who would you trust when looking at polls..an anti-immigration group, or independant groups such as washingtonpost, times-magazine, los angeles times and bloomberg media...

SHOULD I POST THOSE POLLS NUMBERS AGAIN? SEEMED LIKE YOU GUYS FORGOT TO AKE A LOOK AT THEM.