free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help help help

I was married to an usc but before i could get my greencard i we divorced - i recently received a letter from immigration saying my change of status has been denied and i am in the process of leaving the country... getting my animals ready for travel, selling my car etc... before i leave i want to travel to hawaii... can i do that without them questioning my status here???

please help thank you!!!

pip

I was married to an usc but before i could get my greencard i we divorced - i recently received a letter from immigration saying my change of status has been denied and i am in the process of leaving the country... getting my animals ready for travel, selling my car etc... before i leave i want to travel to hawaii... can i do that without them questioning my status here???

please help thank you!!!

pip

What?!
    You're in under deportation proceedings and want to visit Hawaii?

Why don't you buy a rug instead? No one is going to question you!

who mentioned deportation?

what was i thinking posting on here????

Hawaii is a state. You do not go through customs or immigration when traveling to Hawaii. You will need picture ID in order to board the aircraft.

Is Hawaii a contiguous really state ?

I would not risk such travels, coz what happens if you go and cant come back?

It's no different than flying on a plane from Los Angeles to New York.

Pip,
    Please accept my appology, I thought you were joking, this site is a kind of dramatic sometimes, and yes, once your application is denied you'll be under the deportation proceedings, you might need to read more about this.

Hawaii is one of the US states, and like sphy.. said all what you need is a picture ID, they do not check your legal status in the local airports.

Good luck and have fun.

Pip

Injoy is correct that you will go into removal proceedings. A letter should be coming to you within 6 month period. Be sure to notify USCIS that you are leaving under voluntary departure so that there will not be any problems for you to come back in the future to USA. this way you will not receive 3yr/10 yrs BAR.

Enjoy Hawaii trip!. Who knows, u may meet someone to marry again and you will not have to leave after all.

Thanks so much guys for all your lovely responses! Injoy, sorry if I sounded abrupt but I was actually leaving for Maui the next morning and the idea of me having problems had only just come in to my head so I was a little anxious!!! There were no problems though as you had all rightfuly said!

Given my real problem, the fact that my change of status has been denied (I received that letter in early March), should I expect the next letter soon telling me I have to leave the country? And that letter I guess will tell me I have 90 days? or will I have to leave upon receipt? I have heard so many different possible ways it could pan out from different attornies that I am not sure what will happen... I am in Los Angeles and I hear the process is slow here... I mean I received my letter stating that my change of status was denied 2.5 years after I filed for divorce and informed the INS of such!! My only hopes are that my animals are ready to travel and I have resolved everything before I am literally booted out!

Thanks again for any input!

Pip!