free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 year bar and entering the US

So Ive got an interesting case here. I have a 10 year bar from the US, live in Canada with Canadian Citizenship and was just there on a visit with a US Visa and a waiver to go with that. So visiting was no problem, I was visiting my girlfriend (5 years we've been together) and am in the process of getting married to her.

Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? Whats the process of me moving down there?

So Ive got an interesting case here. I have a 10 year bar from the US, live in Canada with Canadian Citizenship and was just there on a visit with a US Visa and a waiver to go with that. So visiting was no problem, I was visiting my girlfriend (5 years we've been together) and am in the process of getting married to her.

Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? Whats the process of me moving down there?

why do you have a ban Just curious <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rey22:

Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

My family moved to America and overstayed our visitor visa (my parents fault) i was only 9 years old at the time so i had nothing to do with it really. So we got asked to voluntarily leave the country and we did a little past our due date and got stuck with a 10 year bar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
    why do you have a ban Just curious <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rey22:

Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long ago was the ban?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rey22:
    Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? Whats the process of me moving down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    First, your girlfriend has to petition for you as her fiance (form I-129) or spouse (form I-130). That goes through various stages, and after the approval in USA, the case will be sent to the embassy in Canada. You'll get visa interview date. If at that time ban is still in place (hasn't been 10 years), you'll be asked to submit another waiver. After the approval, you'll get either fiance or spousal visa. In any case, you'll need a new waiver to be approved as you'll be considered potential immigrant (fiance) or immigrant (spouse).

The waiver you have now is only for non-immigrant visits.

Let us know if you at this point need more details about the petitioning. You can find the forms and instructions on USCIS web-site.

the ban is from feb 21 2003 until feb 21 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    How long ago was the ban? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rey22:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    How long ago was the ban? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now what does this have to do with impeaching Obama?
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

I definitely could use all the information i can get, its really a blessing to have sites like this with people honestly trying to help others like myself out. Thanks!

I would love more information about the petitioning process please! We're trying to figure all the paperwork out right now and it would be a GREAT help...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    Are there major complications as far as moving there with a 10 year bar on my name? Whats the process of me moving down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    First, your girlfriend has to petition for you as her fiance (form I-129) or spouse (form I-130). That goes through various stages, and after the approval in USA, the case will be sent to the embassy in Canada. You'll get visa interview date. If at that time ban is still in place (hasn't been 10 years), you'll be asked to submit another waiver. After the approval, you'll get either fiance or spousal visa. In any case, you'll need a new waiver to be approved as you'll be considered potential immigrant (fiance) or immigrant (spouse).

The waiver you have now is only for non-immigrant visits.

Let us know if you at this point need more details about the petitioning. You can find the forms and instructions on USCIS web-site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long ago was the ban? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then all of what aneri says is right. Your USC spouse will have to file for a waiver for you. Probably an I-601 waiver:

I-601 waiver

Also try looking up on this website for more info on the I-601 waiver process.

Good luck.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."