free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: call for 2nd time interview for I-485 -- Need help please

I had my first interview done in july and it went good . Though the officer gave very hard time to me and my wife with alot of questions but i believe that it went Good enough.
    officer asked me at the end of my interview that if any thing i wana tell him and i let him know about my DUI ticket.
    He told me to submit the court letter reagrding my arrest for Drunk driving ticket and i did send him the same day.He also advised me that he will let me know in the mail regarding his decission.
    Now today on 12 august i recieved a letter again to show up for interview 2nd time.
    Its a same letter i recieved for my first interview and this time again they want all documents again .
    Doest make sense to me that why they want every thing to show them again.
    MY QUESTION is that is there any one here in this forum has gone through the same situation like me ?????????????????

Good thing i got my work authorixation after my first interview. so i m assuming that my finger print came back.

plz share ur experiences regarding this situation.

I had my first interview done in july and it went good . Though the officer gave very hard time to me and my wife with alot of questions but i believe that it went Good enough.
    officer asked me at the end of my interview that if any thing i wana tell him and i let him know about my DUI ticket.
    He told me to submit the court letter reagrding my arrest for Drunk driving ticket and i did send him the same day.He also advised me that he will let me know in the mail regarding his decission.
    Now today on 12 august i recieved a letter again to show up for interview 2nd time.
    Its a same letter i recieved for my first interview and this time again they want all documents again .
    Doest make sense to me that why they want every thing to show them again.
    MY QUESTION is that is there any one here in this forum has gone through the same situation like me ?????????????????

Good thing i got my work authorixation after my first interview. so i m assuming that my finger print came back.

plz share ur experiences regarding this situation.

What do you mean,he gave you 2 a hard time.
    No offense,but where are you originally from?
    and what hard time did the officer gave you 2? give examples?
    what documents did you bring along with you?
    and as far as I know,once your Interview is over you get your ducoments along with you,so therefore it shouldn't be a problem,bringing the ssme proof with you.Whats the biggie?
    My main concern is,how the officer gave you 2 a hard time,...there must of been a reason? how often did you guys see eachother and meet/dated before the marriage? and what documents did you bring with you for the marriage interview?
    was the officer a male or female?

ps: the reason i am asking where you are from originally is because the INS knows and has statistic where most of the scamers come from...
    and one of the nations are alines from russia,some other eastern countries and arabic countries...some who eventually divorce and marry their own people.And others only to get here.

I am also curious to as what it is they asked you and which manner. Can you please give more details of your interview? It would help me with my interview I have coming up and allow me to give you my opinion on your situation. I have been doing research on this for a long time now. My guess is that the call for a second interview is better than the denial of an interview. If they were to deny your file then you would have to go to a immigration judge. So I am gussing that the officer wasnt fully convinced with your case, but not enough to deny. He/she might just want to look at other things that you might take to the next interview. Make sure you take things that show assets together and other things besides pictures. Hope this helps, and hope you reply with more details of your interview.

Seems like going to the "interview" is like having a major surgery. Is it really that scary?

I don't understand why people are so terrified to go and have an interview with an immigration officer? I don't think he/she will bite you, or will suspect you in all 'mortal sins', unless he has some serious reasons to believe that you are in fact trying to cheat.

If you are honest and you entered your marriage in 'good faith', if you followed all of the instructions that were given to you, what on Earth are you afraid of???

You have a very good point Mpod, but it is a very big step in anyone's life, and so much is dependent on it. Everyone is scared when their lives are put in someone's hands, whether its a doctor or an immigration officer. Unless you are faced with the situation, you really wont understand. Also, people's personality, past experience, etc, affect the feeling, so thats my answer to your question.

I can understand that there is a lot of stress and feelings involved.

But on the other hand, when it comes to legal issues, such as immigration, I would only rely on attorney's advice and would only follow the immigration officer guidance.

It is natural and useful to hear subjective opinions from people in similar situations, but they are only useful if not practically applied to your own case. Or otherwise they will cause you even more stress and problems.

Guys listen,
    to me,the ONLY reason anyone would be worried about the marriage interview to get your GC, is if something weird is going on...really now.

There is actually nothing to worry about at all,if everyhting is normal.

Like I said,when I went to my marriage interview the lady officer was friendly and asked us how we first met and where,but her questions where not really based on testing us,she was actually curiouse,like how we got together etc etc...she looked at our pics.And that was it.But I also have been dating my future wife for 3 years prior to our marriage.

This is my take, before you gusy go to the marriage interview.The officer reviews the documents and what not before you get to the interview,looks how long you have been known eachother before marriage and have seen eachother before marriage.Thats how they determine,to question you

XYZABC, can u give details about ur interview?

Oh yea...dress nicely to the interview.
    You wanna give them right away a good impression.Look good,dress nice,smell good,and be friendly.Don't overdress though