free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport not stamped after AOS interview

I just interviewed for my AOS through marriage this morning, but my passport was not stamped. The officer said that there will be correspondence in the mail. Does anyone know long would it be?

Is it a bad sign if we didn't get approved right after the interview?

I just interviewed for my AOS through marriage this morning, but my passport was not stamped. The officer said that there will be correspondence in the mail. Does anyone know long would it be?

Is it a bad sign if we didn't get approved right after the interview?

The reason it did not get stamped is because the background check is not cleared yet. NOthing major. Once it's clear, you will get a notification for you to go down to the office and get your passport stamped.

I am going to have my interview on 3/8.
    Which office did you get your interview?
    Also can you give us your interview experience?

What kind of documentations did you guys bring?

CleverBei

Who told you that????? That's quite an assumption.

Katherine.. this is not a ususal reponse.
    this officer would have told you that they were still waiting for background check to come back and that they would let you know when you could come back for your passport stamp.

Is there anything that appears to be not standard in your marriage or seem to be problems with supporting documents that you presented for your marriage? Where was your interview at? Something seems a little off center here... YOu may have to be prepared for a second interview and it may be with the two of you in different rooms answering the questions, and they had best match with answers.

Please let us know. Im not telling you to overly worry, but I dont want you sitting back thinking all is ok and that they are just waiting for a background check to come back.

Michael
    I would start packing.

Michael ...

How nice people try to be with you ... you never change ... once tranquilizers doze given to you gets down...again same O' ... get Rx... Pasha

Okay, not to encourage Michael's callous sense of irony on the board or anything, but that last line of his was wicked funny, albeit senselessly cruel so stop it, lol, I'm falling off my chair here.

I also appreciate his sense of humor ... its funny for u and me .. not for people that are in real trouble ... try to walk in their shoes and u shall understand ... take care...Pasha

There have been several post in the past about interviews and were told that they had to wait for background check to come back before getting passport stamped. I hope you get something in the mail SOON so that you will know what's going on!

Hi Pasha, Yep, I agree, and that's the only thing that makes it that I can be at all amused, even against my will, at Michael... because it's not my tragedy, yet. That's comedy for you. If I get a hang nail it's a tragedy, but if you fall down the stairs that's comedy (in film anyway) but rest assured, I'm always aware of a kharmic boomerang, and I think one is headed for Michael's direction any time now. (and hopefully not at me because I couldn't help laughing at the phrasing!) I am sympathetic to the poster, tho, and wish the best of luck.