ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Please help: my ex got permanent residency through me..

  1. #1
    Hello all,
    I've recently divorced and my ex got his permanent residency(I think he has the permanent green card) through me and we were married for 3yrs.
    How can I take the green card from him, or at least make it non permanent so he cannot get his U.S citizenship?
    He hurt me emotionally and neglected me so much and I suspect he only married me (but I have no proof) so he can get his brothers to the US and help them make money off of me.
    Now he has a good paying job and I've got nothing, no job (I'm a recent graduate and have been looking for a job for so long), no alimony. I have a child to support too, while he's using the green card he got from me to make thousands of dollars (and he's taking unemployment benefits too, illegally)
    I don't know who to turn to as all the people who I know know him also and I don't want him to suspect anything until I actually do erase his permanent or semipermanent resideny.
    Please help.
    I'm clueless as to the procedures of doing this.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.

  2. #2

    It's not possible to erase his residency just like that. If you were on the other side of the fence, you'd appreciate that. If you suspect he married you only for immigration benefit, why didn't you do something about it earlier?

  3. #3
    go to school and get yourself a job.

    Get rid of that leech or tick mentality.

  4. #4
    Dear imsad,

    If your ex has received his permanent resident card, there is very little you can do. If I'm reading your information correctly, the two of you were married for three years. You need to post more specific information, such as what type of visa he entered the country with and if he had conditional residency and those conditions have been removed?

    Unfortunately, you will find that you are not the only women to be used for a green card, your's truly not excluded. There are many scumbags who are more than willing to make you believe they love you just long enough to get in the US and then they change. It sounds like your ex stayed long enough to seal the deal.

    I am sorry this happened to you and sincerely wish (if he did in fact use you) that you could take his green card away, but it's not that easy.

    I'm sure other members will offer advice as well.

    Good luck!

  5. #5
    I'm a graduate and looking for a job.
    If you do not have anything beneficial to say, don't say anything.

  6. #6
    dear Sappyconifer,
    My divorce was finalized a month ago, so he was legally my husband before that. That is why I couldn't show any proof that we were divorced.
    Thanks for the help!

  7. #7
    Dear bigdummy (sorry!!! I wish I knew you real name to call you by it),
    Thanks for all the help and wishes!Bless you.
    He "claimed" he entered with a 5 yr visa. However by the time we were married, he was 3 yrs in the US and illegal because he didn't renew his visa.
    He "claims" he got permanent residency (can you believe he NEVER showed me his greencard or anything? he was so secretive), but I dont know how to find out.
    If he has permanent residency, will the divorce never allow him to have a US citizenship?
    How do I do this?
    If he's only a temporary resident, can I stop his "pending" and stop him from getting a residency? How?
    Thanks so much for any help.

  8. #8
    He could only gain residency through you and your marriage. What forms do you recall sending to USCIS for him and were you interviewed as a married couple?

  9. #9
    I don't mind being called bigdummy because that's what I was when it came to my ex.

    Did you file any petitions for him based on your marriage?

  10. #10
    Dear Sappyconifer,
    He filed an immigration form through marriage.
    I dont recall it's number (because he kept it secretly locked!)
    Yes, I went with him to the interview as a married couple, a year and a half after we were married.

    Dear bigdummy,
    What do you mean by filing a petition? Do you mean filling out the info and request for a green card through me? He did that himself and he hired a lawyer and I went with him.

    Thanks for all the help guys!

Similar Threads

  1. Permanent Residency through Marriage
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:49 PM
  2. Got my Permanent Residency!!!
    By olaolu in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 05:27 PM
  3. Permanent residency?
    By cecil_88 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 10:33 AM
  4. Permanent Residency
    By Yemi Ojo in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 09:35 PM
  5. Permanent residency expired
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: