Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organizing an art exhibition in US

Hi,
    My father is a professional artist from India and is presently in US to visit me on visitor's (B2) visa. We would like to arrange an art exhibition in some art gallery. I want to know if he can do an exhibition on B2 visa? I think he can not. In that case, which visa category we need to apply for and what's a good source to find the relevant information.
    Thanks,
    Om.

Hi,
    My father is a professional artist from India and is presently in US to visit me on visitor's (B2) visa. We would like to arrange an art exhibition in some art gallery. I want to know if he can do an exhibition on B2 visa? I think he can not. In that case, which visa category we need to apply for and what's a good source to find the relevant information.
    Thanks,
    Om.

Hi OM,

Welcome. I think it would depend on whether he plans to hold the exhibition to attract clients for future business when he returns to India, or if he is trying to sell the art at the show. Since he is not allowed to work in the US on a visitor's visa, he would be in violation of the visa terms if he were to sell his art work in the US.

Perhaps others will chime in if I am wrong. In any case, good luck to you and your dad!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OM:
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Om. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that he came to visit you. Was it also his intention when he came to arrange an art exhibit? Did he bring drawings/art with him?

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    Hehehehehehehe

Artists don't need visas to have their works exhibited in US.
    But one may need visa to be present during an opening of exhibition, be it an artist or a guest.

I can't beleive your dad is an artist.
    Seeing what a d.umb question you ask I would assume your dad is anything but an artist
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Thanks for the reply. Most art gallery in my city are interested in organizing an exhibition only when there is a chance of sale involved. So we wanted to know what VISA category we should apply to, to be able to organize and sell the exhibits as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OM:
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Om. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that he came to visit you. Was it also his intention when he came to arrange an art exhibit? Did he bring drawings/art with him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He drew the paintings during his stay over here to passing time

Originally from: Galaxy of Centaurus A (also known as NGC 5128)
    Exhibition, sale, business = nothing to do with VISA cetegory of an artist.
    VISA = for visiting US or working in US.
    Your dad may stay in India ,or whatever h.ell he is from, and still have his exhibition going on in US and if ANYTHING is sold in US he can still collect proceeds.
    But he will need VISA if he wants to visit States.
    Think of CDs of foreign artists that you buy in store.
    Do they need VISA to have their CD's sold?
    What an idiot you must be to come up with questions like these
    Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabuntium:
    Hehehehehehehe

Artists don't need visas to have their works exhibited in US.
    But one may need visa to be present during an opening of exhibition, be it an artist or a guest.

I can't beleive your dad is an artist.
    Seeing what a d.umb question you ask I would assume your dad is anything but an artist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't need to talk about art to a person like you and FYI any artist would want to be present when his work is being appreciated. I am not going to reply to you further, so you can talk trash as much as you want as that's what your profession seems like.